Attara Kacheri snapshot
|7 Ratings & 1 Review||
Attara Kacheri, the Karnataka High Court, was constructed during the reign of Tipu Sultan. Earlier an old public office, it was named Attara Kacheri, meaning eighteen departments. The two-storey structure was built of red bricks in Greco-Roman (neo-classical) architecture.
Situated in the Cubbon Park, ceiling of the Central Hall of the building is adorned with portraits of Sir Mark Cubbon, Commissioner of Mysore (1834 to 1861). Instituted in 1884 under the Mysore High Court Act, it was known as the Mysore High Court till 1973. Moreover, the expansive premises comprise various Corinthian columns in symmetry.
Located opposite to the Vidhana Soudha, Attara Kacheri beautifully, depicts the Gothic architecture. Public Library, Venkatappa Art Gallery, Visveswaraya Industrial & Technological Museum and Government Museums are the highlights of this tourist attraction. Tourists can visit Attara Kacheri all year round.
What travellers are saying about this Sightseeing
Other sightseeing options in Bangalore
Click to send the package enquiries