Bhandaribasadi Temple (Place of Worship) snapshot
Bhandaribasadi temple was constructed in 1126 by the treasurer of Hoysala King, Hulla. It is the largest Jain temple in the destination and is known as the Chaturvimshati-Jinalaya. The Bukkaraya inscription belonging to the Vijayanagara period can be seen in the temple. These inscriptions describe the battle between Sri Vaishnavas and the Jains.
The temple has a mukha mantapa, antarala, garba griha and sabha mantapa. Beautiful statues of Gods and Goddesses such as Padmavathi, Yakshi and Brahma are kept in the antarala. The idols of 24 prophets, each measuring 3 ft in height, are placed on an ornamental pedestal. The temple has three doorways which are adorned with carved images of humans and animals.
The image of Lord Indra with 12 arms has been carved on the entrance door of the temple. A manasthambha is placed at the main entrance of the temple. Other constructions within the premises of the temple were made during the Vijayanagara period.