Dwarka Lighthouse was constructed at Rupen Creek during the early 19th century. In order to lift a lamp, a flag mast was posted at the port, which thereafter served as a lighthouse. In 1866, eighteen metres tall square tower was constructed at this site, along with an installation of an oil wick lamp.
The present day tower measures around 43 metres in height and was constructed between 1960 and 1962. On 15th July 1962, this lighthouse was inaugurated by the then transport minister Mr. Raj Bahadur.
In addition to the tower, a RCC Baffle wall was constructed at the site for installing the sound horn equipment and vibrators that can work as fog signals. In 1988, this fog signal service was terminated.
Further, on 15th April 1964, this lighthouse was commissioned with other advanced facilities. From this lighthouse, travellers can see the panoramic sight of sunset. This lighthouse is located at a distance of 35 km from the main town and features serene atmosphere that is perfect for relaxing.