Kankroli is one of the twin cities of Rajsamand District, mainly known for its Haveli of Sri Dwarkadhish Prabhu and the Kankroli Temple. The Kankroli Temple, also known as the 'Temple of Dwarikadheesh', is dedicated to Lord Krishna and is regarded as one of the most significant temples of the Vaishnavas and Vallabhacharya sect. This temple was built by Maharana Raj Singh in 1671 as a replica of the Nathdwara Shrine.
The Haveli of Sri Dwarkadhish Prabhu in Kankroli is situated on the banks of Rajsamand Lake and is an important site for Pushti Margi Vallabhacharya Vaisnavs. Kankroli is also a commercial hub for being the home to a JK Tyre factory. The place is also famous for its marble mining activities. The famous Haldi Ghati and Chetak Tomb are also situated near this town.