Leh-Ladakh Dream Standard, Ladakh (Leh)
Don\'t only dream about exploring Ladakh, a heavenly beautiful land amidst the serene Himalaya. Prepare for an exciting journey packed with fun.
- Accommodation in Standard room at:
- 04 nights stay at specified hotels in Leh.
- Stay on MAP Basis. (04 breakfasts and 04 dinners)
- Transportation by 01 NAC Quails / Scorpio/ Travera /safari (as per availability) for arrival / departure transfers,
- sightseeing as per the itinerary.
- Assistance at the airport while arriving and departing.
- Miscellaneous charges are inclusive like:
- Inner-line permits
- Potareges at hotel and airport
- All applicable luxury/ road taxes
Package Does Not Include:
- Airfares/ Train-fares.
- Medical Insurance Policy
- Any Monastery entrance fees
- Any Joy ride or rafting.
- Medical expenses (apart from first aid) and insurance of any kind.
- Tips, laundry, liquors, wines, mineral water, telephone charges, camera fee and items of personal nature.
- Transportation is not on disposal basis. It is strictly as per the programme, any extra running will be charges extra.
- Any expenses arising out of unforeseen circumstances like flight delay / cancellation / hike in fare, strike or any other
- natural calamities or any emergency evacuation expenses.
- Any other item not mentioned in the cost includes section.
Day 1: Arrival Leh
Arrival Leh, Our representative will meet, greet, assist and transfer you to Hotel in Leh. Rest of the day free to
acclimatize to the high altitude of Ladakh. In the evening take a walk to the local bazaar in Leh. Overnight at Hotel
Day 2: Excursion to Sham Valley (150 kms round trip)
Morning after breakfast drive to Alchi. Enroute visit Magnetic Hill, Gurudwara Patthar Sahib, Confluence of Zanskar
and Indus river. Visit Alchi Monastery and drive back to Leh. Just before reaching Leh visit Ladakh Hall of fame.
Arrive hotel in Leh for dinner and overnight.
MAGNETIC HILL: Defying the Law of gravity. This place is close to the Gurdwara Shri Patthar Sahib. It has been
noticed that when a vehicle is parked on neutral gear on this metallic road the vehicle slides up-hill that’s the
Believe it or not of Ladakh!
GURDWARA SHRI PATTHAR SAHIB: The Shrine known as Gurdwara Patthar sahib is situated about 25 kms. Short
of Leh town on the Leh-Srinagar road. Built in the everlasting memory of Shri Guru Nanak Deve Ji the great prophet
who sanctified the place by his sacred visit during the year 1517 while on his second missionary tour (2nd Udassi
1515-1518). The Guru reached here via Nepal, Sikkim, Tibet Yarkand and Leh after having spiritual discourses with
the sidhas at Mount Sumer (Central Himalayas). On the hill features across the road, there used to live a wicked
demon that terrorized the people of the area. Their miseries multiplied day by day. As their miseries became
unbearable they prayed for divine help. It is said that the Great Guru heard their woes and came to their rescue.
The Guru settled down on the bank of the river flowing nearby. The people sought for help and the Guru blessed
the people and became very popular in the area. The locals called him as Nanak Lama. The Demon got enraged
and started making plans to kill Guru Nanak. One morning, when the Guru was sitting in meditation, he rolled
down a big boulder from the hilltop with the aim of killing the Guru. But on the very touch of Guru’s body, the solid
rock melted like wax and Guru’s back got embedded on it like a cushion. The Guru kept on sitting in meditation
undisturbed. Thinking that the Guru must have been killed, the demon came down but was taken aback on seeing
the Guru in meditation, undisturbed. With a rage of anger he tried to push the rock with his right foot but the rock
had already became like wax his foot also got embedded into it. On this , he realized his folly and powerlessness as
compared to the spiritual power of the Great Guru. He fell on the feet of Guru and humbly prayed to be pardoned.
The Guru advised him to get rid of his wickedness and lead the life of a nobel person, in the service of humanity.
This changed the life style of demon and he started serving the people. The Guru there after continued his Holy
journey towards Srinagar and Kashmir via Kargil.
The boulder having imprint of the Guru’s back is lying in the Gurdwara to this day.
CONFLENCE OF THE ZANSKAR & INDUS : On way to Sham Valley before Nimu village one can have this magnificent
view of two rivers in wed-lock! In seasons they have different colors and flow and wildness.
ALCHI GOMPA: 70 Kms from Leh, on the banks of the Indus, is the Alchi Gompa dating a thousand years back. One
of its walls features thousands of miniature sized pictures of the Buddha. Three large sized images made of clay
and painted brightly are its focal attractions. No longer an active religious center, it is looked after by monks from
the Liker monastery. This is the only monastery amongst 34 monasteries, which is not located on a hilltop.
LADAKH HALL OF FAME : The Hall of Fame is a glorious museum constructed by the Indian Army. It is worth a visit
for every citizen. You can see the memorabilia, eminent defense personalities with biographies, images and
weapons used during the Kargil and other key strategic battles fought in Ladakh. And belongings of the enemy
soldiers found at war site. All the martyr and the gallantry awards…
Day 3: Excursion to Pangong Lake (280 kms round trip)
Morning after breakfast drive to to Pangong Lake on the Indo China border. Evening back to hotel in Leh for dinner
THE PANGONG LAKE : This route takes the visitor past the picturesque villages of Shey and Thikse, and turns off
the Indus valley by the side valley of Chemrey and Sakti. The Ladakh range is crossed by the Chang-la (18,000 feet /
5,475 M) which despite its great elevation is one of the easier passes, remaining open for much of the year even in
winter, apart from periods of actual snowfall. Tangse, just beyond the foot of the pass, has an ancient temple.
Day 4: Excursion to Nubra Valley via Khardungla Pass
Early morning proceed to Nubra Valley via the World Highest Motorable road (5602 Mts) Khardungla pass. Arrive
Nubra and proceed for a visit to the White Sand Dunes at Hunder. You can enjoy the camel ride (On Own). Later if
time permits visit Hunder and Diskit monasteries after complete sightseeing drive back to Leh. Over night hotel at
KHARDUNGLA PASS: The road journey to Nubra valley leads through Khardung La pass (The highest Motorable
road in the world) 18,390 ft. around 39 Kms. Away from Leh. There are two checkpoints on the both sides of the
pass. Khardong is the first village of Nubra valley at higher altitude than Deskit and other villages.
DESKIT VILLAGE: Deskit is the main village of headquarter of Nubra valley, which has a small market consisting of a
row of shops and about 500 years old Gompa on the hilltop. Spectacular view of the valley can be seen form the
DESKIT GOMPA: Deskit Gompa was founded by Lama Sherab Zangpo of Stod in about 1420 AD during the reign of
King Dragspa. About 100 monks are residing in the Gompa, which is a branch of Thikse Monastery. The monastic
festival called Gustor takes place on 20th and 21st days of the 12th month of Tibetan calendar.
HUNDAR VILLAGE: Hundar is a beautiful village to stay with lot of trees and you will really enjoy your stay at
Hundar. It has a small monastery and ruined fort above the village. The walk or Camel Safari (Double Hump
bacterian camels) from Hundar to Deskit, through sand dunes for two hours is wonderful (on own).
Day 5: Airport Departure
Leave on time for Leh airport to board your flight to Delhi.
Terms & Conditions:
- The package cost is for minimum 6 pax.
- Valid from 15th April 2012 to 31st Oct 2012. Valid for Indian Nationals only.
- Check in and checkout time 12:00 noon,
- Memorable Vacations & Holidays reserves right to change rates without any prior notice.
- Per person rates applicable on 2 people staying together sharing the same room,
- In packages with meal plans, the plan starts with dinner on day 1 and ends with breakfast on last day.
- Additional cost arising due to mishaps, political unrest, natural calamities like landslides, road blockage, etc will have to be
- paid on the spot by the guest directly
- Package rates are subject to change without prior notice
- The packages cannot be combined with any other offer
Package Validity : From Jun 26, 2012 to Oct 31, 2012
- This package is offered by Memorable Vacations and Holidays Pvt. Ltd. and NOT by HolidayIQ. HolidayIQ is NOT a Supplier or Travel Agent.
- All information and content provided here have been provided by Memorable Vacations and Holidays Pvt. Ltd. and NOT by HolidayIQ
- For any further information on this Package, please submit Booking Enquiry to Memorable Vacations and Holidays Pvt. Ltd. using the Booking Form above. HolidayIQ does not have any additional information on this package.
- Package rates are subject to change without prior notice.
- Per person rates (Rs) are usually applicable on 2 persons staying together sharing the same room, unless specified otherwise
- Applicable taxes will be charged in addition to listed price, unless specified otherwise
- Inventory may be limited. Placing a booking enquiry does not amount to booking of the package.
- The hotels and services as mentioned in the itinerary are subject to confirmation.
- Refund on cancellation strictly depends upon the concerned Supplier’s or hotel's cancellation policy. The cancellation charges applicable will be as per the Supplier’s or hotel’s cancellation policy.
- More conditions might apply specifically to this package. These, if any, will be informed on enquiry.
- The supplier reserves the right to change/modify or terminate the offer any time at its own discretion and without any prior notice.