Moti Mahal snapshot
Moti Mahal is situated on the banks of River Gomti facing Rana Pratap Road near Hazratganj. Often referred to as Pearl Palace, it was built by Nawab Saadat Ali Khan (1798-1814).
It has derived its name due to its pearl like white building. Constructed by Nawab Saadat Ali Khan, between 1798 and 1814, it is situated alongside two other famous buildings, the Mubarak Manzil and the Shah Manzil.
From the palatial building, the royal family used to watch animal combats, which used to be held on the other side of the Gomti River. Constructed as a citadel, the edifice served the purpose of birdwatching and also for watching enemy operations.
Nawab Ghazi-ud-din Haider added the Shah Manzil and the Mubarak Manzil at the left and right side of the palatial building. Presently occupied by government offices, its lawn is today used for organising exhibitions, parties, marriage functions and others.