Nada Sahib, Panchkula
Religious Place

Nada Sahib

Rank 39
Ranked 39 of 42,
in Panchkula

About Nada Sahib

Nada Sahib is the spot where Guru Gobind Singh halted along with his entourage while travelling from Paonta Sahib to Anandpur Sahib after the Battle of Bhangani in 1688. Situated in Panchkula on the bank of Ghaggar River, the gurudwara lies at the foot of Sivalik Hills. After having fought the battle with Mughals, Guru Gobind Singh was on his way back, when he halted at the site for a brief time.

A follower of Guru Gobind Singh, named Nadu Shah gave a warm welcome to the entire entourage. Owing to this, the Guru showered his blessings on him and also said that the Gurudwara would be named after him. On the full moon day (Pooranmashi) of every month, the gurudwara is visited by devotees. Bhai Motha Singh, who belonged to a village nearby, raised a platform to perpetuate the memory of the Guru's visit.

Dharmarth Board of Patiala and East Punjab States Union managed the shrine until 1948. After the merger of the state with Punjab, Shiromani Gurudwara Parbandhak Committee took over the administration of the shrine in 1956. Following this, a double-storey domed structure replaced the original Manji Sahib.

These buildings are separated from the complex comprising the Guru ka Larigar and rooms for pilgrims by a brick-paved courtyard. Atop a 32 m high staff on one side of the courtyard, the holy flag flies. Main celebration of the gurudwara occurs on the full moon day every month.

More »

Other sightseeing options in Panchkula

Best time to visit Panchkula with family

  • Jan
  • Feb
  • Mar
  • Apr
  • May
  • Jun
  • Jul
  • Aug
  • Sep
  • Oct
  • Nov
  • Dec

Have you been to Nada Sahib?

- Posted by
1 of