Suvarnadurg Fort snapshot
About Suvarnadurg Fort
The Suvarnadurg Fort is believed to have been constructed in the 17th century by the Bijapur kings. Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj owned the fort after the Bijapur Kings and fortified it. The fort has numerous bastions and a concealed main gate. The figures of a tortoise and Lord Hanuman have been carved on the walls of the fort.
Water tanks and several ruined buildings can be seen within the premises of the Suvarnadurg Fort. Fatehgarh, Kanakdurga and Goa forts, situated close to the Suvarnadurg Fort, were constructed between 1667 and 1729 by Kanhoji Angre.