I am going for a 15-day Char Dham Yatra from May 8, 2012 onwards.
I (age 31) am taking along my mother (aged 54), wife (age 29) and son (age 2 years) with me.
For anybody who has done this pilgrimage (Gangotri, Yamnotri, Kedarnath, Badarinath), can you please help me with some queries.
- What would be the weather in May? Is it hot considering summers or cool since its kinda hill station?
- Is this peak period with heavy rush of pilgrims?
- How safe is the journey esp. for my mom and son? Will I easily get dolis/palkhis for them?
- For me and my wife, what is better mode of travel for the treks - on horse or by foot?
- Any special aarti/puja worth doing at any of the 4 prime or interim destinations?
- Any other special advice/suggestion/recommendation you would like to offer...
Thanks in advance.
i want to know which month of year 'chardham yatra starts; some travels says they starts from the 1st week of may; but some govt of uttaranchal portas says it is from 16 th of may ;it is my plan to visit chardham next year according to my kid exams;please help me; how to plan it? which is best date to start? i am from south india; so my plan starts from delhi; i am ready to spend 10 days;give me my dear friends in full details;to whom we follow? after reaching delhi i can't stay in waste;of course it is costly to wait;pleaseeeeeeeeeeee; give me proper guidelines in this regard; thanks lot in advance to all
HolidayIQ.com is a premier holiday information portal powered by India's first & biggest travel community; enabling travellers to first discover numerous vacation choices, then plan holiday trips in full detail and finally, share holiday experiences with millions of other travellers.