Nagaon Beach has ancient forts and beaches with fort remains. Sagargad is about 7 km from the town of Alibaug and is a deserted fort that is associated with the great Marathi ruler Shivaji. Located at an altitude of 1357 ft, Sagargad is reachable by road that extends from Khandala to Alibaug.
Kolaba Fort is located within a kilometre from the Alibaug Beach and it was built in the year 1680 by Maratha warrior Shivaji. Versoli Beach located in the outskirts of Alibaug town is a quiet beach with clear water and white sand. Jai Bhavani temple is one of the oldest temple, that dates back to the 12th century and the Goddess Bhavani with eight arms and weapons enshrines the temple.
The Someshwar temple is about 3 km from the region of Alibaug and is dedicated to Lord Shiva. The Khanderi Fort built in the year 1678 is about 4 km from the Thai Beach. This fort was under the influence of the British Empire after which, a light house was built near the fort.
Brahma Kund is a big rectangular tank with stairs on all the four sides. Close to the water tank is a small temple dedicated to Lord Maruthi, which was built in the year 1612. Just 5 km from the town of Alibaug is the Akshi Beach, which is an ideal place for birdwatchers. Adequate facilities for outdoor sports like swimming and boating is available on the beach.
Thal Beach is one of the largest fishing centres present in India and is located 6 km to the northern part of the Alibaug town. Ruins of the Great fight or Khubladha can also be seen near the beach.
Apart from the beaches, the Kanhoji Angre Samadhi at Nagaon has been dedicated to Maratha Admiral Kanhoji Angre. This place consists of a total of eight places along with sculpted pillars. Nagaon Beach is about 7km from the town of Alibaug in the Rajgad District. This beach is popular for its clear water surrounded by suru trees and cypress grove.