Rajabhatkawa Travel Guide
- State: West Bengal
- Famous for/as: Jungle
Most preferred by...
Travellers from Kolkata, Bhubaneswar
Best time to visit Rajabhatkawa in the next six months
- Boudhayan Ghosh
- 2 Reviews
Rajabhatkhawa is a silent hamlet in Jalpaiguri district of WestBengal. The place is marked by may be 50 households, a small market, a railway track that runs through the village and a railway station. The only standard accommodation is the WBFDC Jungle Lodge called Buxa Jungle Lodge.More » « Less
You can enjoy serinity of the place from your jungle lodge. The never-ending sound of "jhijhi poka" shall only be disturbed by the sound of goods trains that chugs by the hamlet in every alternate hour.
Staying here is incomplete if you don't visit the following destinations;-
1. Jayanti- The most gorgous yet modest place. It is the silent witness to the dead dolomite mining industry of the area. Jayanti is a river that remains dry throughout the year. However, during monsoon, flash floods are common which brings fresh load of sediments (white rocks) from the high hill. The broken bridge, milky white river bed, silence and poverty stricken people will leave a deep mark of you I bet..!!
2. Buxaduar- A tough trek up the forest hill. Its almost impossible to explain the abundance of mother nature. The sound of forest. Sound of dried leaves falling off the trees, winds passing through the trees and more importantly, the jhijhi poka sound.. That almost hears like a constant ringing bell at a temple miles away. Its such a unique experience. The experience of climbing up the hill through forest is more rich than the ruins of Buxa Fort.
3. Buxa Tiger Reserve: This place has nothing to baost about. Be sure that you wont see any wild animal except stray dogs in this forest.
2 nights stay at Rajabhatkhawanis highly recommended. You may reach there by Kanchankanya Express that runs from Sealdah (Kolkata). Nearest railhead is Alipurduar.
- Was this review useful?
- Be the first to vote.
- Buxa Tiger Reserve
- Rank 1
- Offbeat Attraction
- Rank 2
- Offbeat Attraction
- Nature Interpretation Centre
- Rank 3
- Picnic Spot
- Excursions in Rajabhatkhawa
- Rank 4