Pachmarhi Experience: We took an Innova from Jabalpur to Pachmarhi. The distance from Jabalpur to Pipariya (base station) is 197 kms and from Pipariya to Pachmarhi is 55kms. We took the route through Katni while going from Jabalpur to Pipariya whereas we took the narrow road through villages on the way back. The return route was much better and scenic. The road on both routes are ok but on Katni route you have to pay road toll of Rs.22,33 and 22. On the way from Pipariya to Pachmarhi, you have to pay road toll of Rs.21 and hill station toll of Rs.35.
The height of Pachmarhi is just 950 metres and the best time to visit is rainy season during it would full of greenery. In March, the trees are devoid of leaves.The temperature during day is high as 35 degrees but in morning and night it is pleasantly cool.
We spent 2 nights in Hotel Glen View and we thoroughly enjoyed our trip. For one day of sightseeing, we have to compulsarily hire a 4-wheel drive Gypsy for Rs.750 (which included visit to Dhupgarh). Rs.250 is charged by Forest Dept and Rs.158.00 is for travel guide.
Food, sight-seeing and shopping: There are so many places to see but the best are as under:
1. Silver fall - about 1.2 kms of tracking through forest and down the hill.we hired a boy to carry my son. He charged Rs.100 for up and down to silver fall.
2. Bee Fall - about 300 mtrs of trekking. Nice place to sit and enjoy with your feet in water.
3. Dhupgarh - 18 kms from Pachmarhi. Nice place to see sunset.
4. Mahadev - Shivling inside a cave.Not much walk needed.
5. Jatashanker - another unique place associated with Lord Shiva. About trekking of 400 mtrs and 60 step down the stairs...do not miss.
6. Parasailing - Rs.250 per person
Activities & things to do: Sightseeing, parasailing, trekking.
Travel tips, How to reach, travel warnings etc: There is no other network except BSNL and even that is erratic. The people selling herbal medicines cheat.
HolidayIQ.com is a premier holiday information portal powered by India's first & biggest travel community; enabling travellers to first discover numerous vacation choices, then plan holiday trips in full detail and finally, share holiday experiences with millions of other travellers.