Coorg Experience: Coorg is one of the slice of Heaven with amazing landscapes and coffee estates, completely filled with nature.The Scotland of India, as Coorg is called, is situated on the Western ghats and is 252 Kms from Bangalore.
Food, sight-seeing and shopping: In brackets the minimum time to explore the below mentioned places excluding travel
1. Tibetan Colony (since it is on the way (1.5 hrs)
2. Abbi Falls (Check whether water is there before you head on)( 20 mins)
3. Cauveri-Nisargadhama (2 hrs)
4. Bamboo Forest (need to spend atleast 3-4 hrs, Boating and elephant rides @ good rates)
5. Visit rajas seat around 5-6pm, finish your dinner, come back for musical fountain : its really awesome and you can save time in this way
6. Dubaraa elephant Camp (Its not just an elephant camp, you can spend more than half a day in the natural stream there)
Activities & things to do: Coorg is ideal for outdoor activities and trekking, angling and white water rafting are quite popular.
You can also do Quad Biking inside a plantation (an 1hr ride will cost you only 700 bugs)
Have a camp fire inside a plantation if possible.
Travel tips, How to reach, travel warnings etc: If you go by newly built by-pass road to Coorg from Housur you need not enter Mysore town.
HolidayIQ.com is a premier holiday information portal powered by India's first & biggest travel community; enabling travellers to first discover numerous vacation choices, then plan holiday trips in full detail and finally, share holiday experiences with millions of other travellers.