Ranchi Experience: This review has been written just after visiting Ranchi. In many website you will find that Ranchi is not a tourist place in summer, especially in May. But my experience says one can easily visit Ranchi in may. All you need is enthusiasm. If you love hills, rocks then you must visit 'RANCHI'.
Food, sight-seeing and shopping: Food -> There are so many good restaurant where you can find chinees, Indian and continental food. Apart from this there are so may budget restaurant where you will find daily meal and snacks. If you are interested in fruit juice then of-course there are many road side stalls where you will find fruit juice.
Sight - seeing -> 1. Rock garden : a really beautiful garden on hill. There is a small rope pool and you can see Kanke dam on the top of the Rock garden.
2. Pahari Mandir : Lord Shiva's mandir at the top of the hill.
3. Tegore Hill : veri nice place. You can see entire Ranchi township in 360 degree view.
4. Jagannath temple : Lord Jagannath's mandir. similar with Jagannath mandir at Puri
5. Machhli ghar : a variety of fish and tortoise.
6. Sun Temple : about 40 Km from ranchi on NH33.
7. Hundru Falls : very beautiful to see water falls from such a hight.
8. Dassam Falls : in NH33, good panoramic view
Activities & things to do: One can enjoy the tour as there is every things available.
Travel tips, How to reach, travel warnings etc: Ranchi is well connected by bus, train and air with all parts of the country. If you want to go by your own vehicle then be careful when you drive within the city. The city is highly populated with vehicles and roads are not at all broad.
HolidayIQ.com is a premier holiday information portal powered by India's first & biggest travel community; enabling travellers to first discover numerous vacation choices, then plan holiday trips in full detail and finally, share holiday experiences with millions of other travellers.