Review and Ratings (591)
Most beautiful place in the world
1. Fateh Sagar lake: visit in the evening at the time of sunset and after sunset. You must visit Bambaiya bazaar and Fateh sagar pal. Another place is Motimagri at Faher Sagar before sunset you can see a very beautiful views of Udaipur.
2. Lake pichola: you have some very good spots to capture the historic beauty of Udaipur. One is gangaur ghat another is Lal ghat, Hanuman ghat at Amet haveli, daiji setu (bridge) nd the lake side restaurants. Dudh talai also give you a beautiful view and you can get boats for riding nd see the lake.
3. Karni mata rope way: if you remember a scene in movie 'ye jawani hai deewani' where deepika and ranbeer sitting at the top and watching a sunset. This is the same place. From karni mata rope way you can scene the whole city and that view is awesome.
4. Jagdish temple and old city area and handicraft market : this is heritage walk that starts from hathipol and go towards jagdish temple. Also to bhatiyani chohatta and gulab bagh road. Another side is chandpole. These markets will give you historic views and a lot of stuff for purchasing. . Mostly handicrafts, but do not forget to bargain.
I think this is enough for one day visit. More than enough. . But if you have more time you must visit:
1. Sahilyon ki bari,
2. Sajjan garh fort,
3. Biological park,
4. Jungle safari park,
5. Celebration mall,
6. Ahar museum,
7. Bagore ki haveli,
8. Badi lake,
9. Swaroop sagar lake,
10. Govardhan sagar lake,
11. Bhartiya lok kala mandal,
12. Shilp gram etc., This all places are in main city area and easily accessible by route sharing auto's and other private taxis.
Udaipur - the white city
Tips :- do spend time in places like the city palace and saheliyon ki bari. Take the help of local guides. Beware of pickpockets in the city palace. While sightseeing, keep yourself hydrated and wear adequate winter wear, even during daytime. Entry fee is taken in some places. Also a fee is taken to take pictures and video in the city palace.
A maximum of three days is required to tour the entire city. Avoid rush hours in sightseeing places. Do watch the sunset in lake pichola, with the lake palace in view.
I am heading to Udaipur
History of Udaipur
Udaipur is among the top tourist destinations in Rajasthan. It also has a deep historic significance. It is believed that Maharana Udai Singh went on a hunt in the Aravalli Hills when he met with a hermit. The hermit told the king the fertile land on the banks of the Pichola Lake will serve as an excellent capital and will be protected by the hills. Consequently, it was established in the year 1553 as the capital of the Kingdom of Mewar. It is the birthplace of the legendary Maharana Pratap who fought against the Mughal conquest. In the year 1818, it became a Princely State under the British Empire and later became a part of India after Independence.
People and Culture of Udaipur
On a trip to Udaipur, one can experience the regal history of the city. Tourism, handicrafts and agriculture are some of the major mainstays of the people here. Udaipur is a popular tourist destination all over the globe and so, English has become a commonly spoken language along with Hindi, Mewari and Wagdi.
The city has a healthy population of Hindus and Jains. The major festivals include Diwali and Holi. Gangaur Festival, Jal-Jhulni Ekadashi and Hariyali Amavasya are some of the other major festivals unique to this area. The Ghoomar dance is also a speciality of Udaipur.
Things to Do in Udaipur
The list of Udaipur attractions is endless. Sightseeing in Udaipur is a highly rewarding experience with its royal palaces and crystal-clear lakes. Some of the top places to visit in Udaipur includes the City Palace and its museum, the Lake Palace and Bagore Ki Haveli. Udaipur sightseeing is incomplete without a visit to the Pichola lake and Fateh Sagar. Tourists may pay homage to the hero of Mewar at the Maharana Pratap Memorial. One of the most famous places in Udaipur is the ancient Jagdish Temple, built by Maharana Jagat Singh and is almost 400 years old! It is one of the best places to visit in Udaipur.
There are countless things to do in Udaipur. One can enjoy some quite time in the lush gardens of Saheliyon Ki Bari and Gulab Bagh. Among the top Udaipur tourist places is the Kumbalgadh Fort.
Food and Shopping in Udaipur
There are many must-see Udaipur places to visit; street food in the heart of the city is a must-try. Udaipur is the pinnacle of Rajasthani cuisine with delectable dishes like Ker Sangri, Kadhi, and Gatte ki Sabzi served with Bajra roti. This delicious meal is then concluded with a refreshing drink of Chaas.
Places to see in Udaipur also includes shopping in the city. One can shop for traditional Rajasthani silver jewellery and colourful ghaghras and scarves in Udaipur. The markets also have wonderful collections of bedazzled ethnic slippers. Main markets are Hathi Pol and Bada Bazaar where kaleidoscopic items can be found at bargain prices.
Accommodation in Udaipur
For travellers going on an Udaipur tour, there is a large number of transportation options on how to reach Udaipur. The state is well-connected by road, train or flight. Tourists can find accommodation in top-notch hotels in Udaipur such as The Oberoi Udaivilas, Shiv Niwas Palace and Jaisamand Island Resort. Udaipur is the perfect destination for all kinds of vacationers, especially for those looking to experience the essence of Rajasthan.
Udaipur seems to be very popular this season!