Advance Q&A

Search Mysore Travel Discussion

Ask a question

Advance

Posted by Rohit | Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:55 pm

Do i need to book hotels in advance if i want to visit mysore in Dussehra?

Re: Advance

Posted by R k pathak | Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:41 pm

To avoid disappointment, it is advisable to book a room in hotel of your choice well in advance since on Dusserah occasion many people visit Mysoe

Posted by Abhijit | Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:41 pm

Dear Rohit

You definitely do! I think you are already too late in case you are considering this year's Dusshera.

With warm regards
Abhijit Sengupta

Posted by Srinivasamurthy | Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:48 pm

Dear Rohit,

Mysore is like heaven on earth during Dussara, I think you are too late in this, the prices of the hotel rooms too double during these days. Try your luck.

Prakash :|

Posted by Parthasarathy | Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:16 am

Most certainly, yes.This is the period most people would like to visit Mysore and Bangalore,both from within India and abroad.If you do not get accommodation in the city, you can stay outside and visit the city for the festivities.May be you can get some accommodation there;but the quality may not be as in the city.You can try the Hotels within the Brindavan Gardens(there are 2 hotels),which is about 40 Kms from the city and about Half hour drive.i found it more convenient to stay at this place and visit the city for the festival. You can try the Royal Orchid hotel or the Mayura Hotel(this is a unit of the Karnataka Tourism corporation).
Have luck.Enjoy your visit to mysore.

Posted by Uday kiran | Tue May 01, 2012 5:25 pm

Definetly advisable to pay advance. Normally all the hotels are overbooked and over priced in Mysore during Dussera. Try KSTDC hotel. The price is usually fixed through out the year.

Popular forum topics for Mysore

• Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
Mysore hotels travelers are looking right now
Hotel
Adhi Manor Hotel
24 Reviews
Hotel
Pai Vista Hotel
73 Reviews
Resorts
Grand Maurya Resort
16 Reviews
Check all Mysore hotels ›
Highly Rated hotels in Mysore
Join your friends and read their recommendations for your next trip.

Sign-up for FREE to Instantly personalise HolidayIQ.com and know all your friends activities