Bangalore to Madikeri

Bangalore to Madikeri Q&A

Search Madikeri Travel Discussion

Ask a question

Bangalore to Madikeri

Posted by Taran | Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:42 pm

Hi friends,
I will be visiting to Bangalore by next month. After the tour of Bangalore i planned of visiting Madikeri as i heard its a wonderful place during the monsoons. So which is the convenient way to go to Madikeri from bangalore? By bus or by renting a cab? If by a cab which route can i ask to go? I want to enjoy the best route towards Madikeri.

Thanx for your help

Re: Bangalore to Madikeri

Posted by Sasi | Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:59 pm

Hi,
Tarun,if we are 2 or 3 people then travelling by cab is always good,as you calculate the volvo bus charge for two way it would come around 2000 for 3 people,so using the cab you can travel to mysore and then visit coorg and visit all places ,we provide cab at nominal rate if you any details you can mail ootyholidayin(at)gmail.com,Places to see in madikeri : Abbi falls, Talacauvery, Bhagamandala, Raja's Seat. Also you can enjoy walks at coffee estates, or do a small trek.
Around Madikeri : Kushalnagar is around 35 Km from madikeri, and has a few places to see around.
Dubare : If you can visit dubare before 9AM, you can take part in the elephant interaction program, and see them bathing/feeding. Also you can help the mahout bathing them, fee Rs 100 per person. Also you can take a ride on them after bathing at around 11AM.
Nisargadham : 3 KM from before kushalnagar, when coming from madikeri, cool place to spend a few hours. Its open from 9.30 to 5 pm. If you want to take bath in cauvery, bring extra clother and take a plunge, or just take a small boat ride here. Also you can feed the hungry deers, rabbits here kept in enclosures.
Golden temple: 5-6 KM from kushalnagar, towards bangalore. Namdroling monastery, or the golden temple, situated in bylakuppe is a must visit place. Come here and you would feel you are in tibet. A few tibetan shops around to do some shopping as well.

Popular forum topics for Madikeri

• Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
Madikeri hotels travelers are looking right now
Resorts
The Capitol Village
52 Reviews
Check all Madikeri hotels ›
Highly Rated hotels in Madikeri
Join your friends and read their recommendations for your next trip.

Sign-up for FREE to Instantly personalise HolidayIQ.com and know all your friends activities