DARJLING, GANGTOK

DARJLING, GANGTOK Q&A

Search Gangtok Travel Discussion

Ask a question

DARJLING, GANGTOK

Posted by | Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:46 pm

HI, I WILL BE TRAVELING TO DARJEELING AND GANGTOK BETWEEN 28TH APRIL TO 8TH MAY. I WILL BE STAYING IN KOLKATTA FOR 2 DAYS . I WILL BE LEAVING FOR NJP ON 30TH APRIL FROM SEALDAH, AND HAVE PLAN TO TRAVEL TO DARJEELING AND GANGTOK. I HAVE BOOKING IN GANGTOK IN CLUB MAHINDRA RESORTS FROM 4TH MAY TO 8TH MAY. I M PLANNING TO BOOK A TAXI FROM NJP FOR ALL THE 7 DAYS. KINDLY ADVICE ME HOW I PLAN THIS 7 DAYS AND PLACES OF VISIT. ALSO ADVICE ME HOW MUCH THE TAXI WILL BE CHARGING. AS WE R 6 PERSONS I WILL LIKE TO TAKE TAVERA OR INNOVA.

Re: DARJLING, GANGTOK

Posted by D | Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:19 pm

Hello A M,
Taking a taxi for all 7 days would not be advisable, as in Gangtok, you can not travel in a large vehicle. You would be better off taking a taxi from NJP to Gangtok, and hire another taxi for within Gangtok.
NJP to Gangtok may cost you around 2k for a Tavera.
Gangtok is wonderful place. Do chk if u can visit Yumthang, as it should be beautiful in this season.
Enjoy you vacation.

Posted by Snehal | Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:40 pm

Hi,

In gangtok u r not allowed to take outside taxi. There is a taxi stand where NJP drivers will drop u and from there again u have to take gangtok taxis for hotel. Lots of road is one way and only gangtok taxis u have to take inside. Fare is around 15oo to 2K. You will see if its Gangtok taxi it will charge less as anyway driver has to go home.

Posted by Abhijit | Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:13 pm

Darjeeling is in WB and Gangtok is in Sikkim hence taxi r different for diff routes. If u plan to visit Darjeeling first then plan to visit 1 day in Pelling and then proceed to gangtok. Pelling is a nice and beautiful place where u can get chance to see the golden peak of Kanchenjunga early morning and that too from very close. Plenty of taxis r available for different routes and each purpose. local sight seeing only small vehicles r allowed in Gangtok, far off place or drop to another destination bigger vehicles r available easily. do not hesitate to bargain.
U can also try www.darjeelingtaxis.com who can plan ur requirement and they arrange according to your needs for each day

Posted by Bheem | Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:03 pm

Dear AM,
As per my opinion u can make your programme as per following dates. On 1st Day- From NJP to Darjeeling, enroute mirik or kursiyong. At Darjeling try to visit locak sight seeing which includes Tiger Hill,Ghoom Monastery,Batasia Loop,Rock Garden, Ganga Maiya Lake.P.N.Zoological Park, Hialayan Mountineering Institute, Tenzing Rock, Tibetan Refugee Centre, Happy Valley Tea Estate, Japanese Temple etc. At Gangtok must try to visit Tsomgo Lake, Baba Habhajan Sing Memorial, Nathula, Yumthang Valley and local sight seeing i.e. Hanuman Tok, Ganesh Tok, Nature Park, Tashi View Point, Deer Park, Flower Show, Enchey Monastery, Don Dul Chorten Stup, Rumtek Monastery, Research Institute of Tibetalogy, Botanical Garden, Roap Way etc. At Kolkata u can visit Belur Math, Dakshineshwar Kali Temple, Victoria Memorial, Science City, Botanical Garden, Indiam Museum etc. I agreed with the opinion of Mr.D & snehal.
Enjoy the trip.
-BHEEM

Posted by Chandra shekhar | Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:24 am

Hi,

Take a taxi for point to point.

it will cost u less

regards
chandu

Popular forum topics for Gangtok

• Topics
    Replies