Dressing options at Goa

Dressing options at Goa Q&A

Search Candolim Beach Travel Discussion

Ask a question

Dressing options at Goa

Posted by Indira | Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:02 pm

Hi all, I will be going to Goa this July.
this will be my first tour to Goa and have no idea abt the culture of goa.
Can any one please suggest me what kinda clothes are suitable for touring goa? Also is it fine to wear spagheti, tube tops or mini skirts or shorts? Also is it acceptable in the local culture to see some-one bathing in swim-suits or bikini?
please suggest on the above.

Re: Dressing options at Goa

Posted by Manish | Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:13 pm

First of all July is not rite month for Goa. and u can do anything on beach, they dont care what Indians are doing, bikini or whatever (first priority is foreigner).... so dont think about what to wear on beach and Goa... and yes in July very few people will be on the beach...

Posted by Indira | Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:17 pm

Thanks for the response.If not july, then when should be the next best time to be in goa.And in which beach do u suggest staying for spending quality time,I am not interested in many beach activities; but at the same time i dont wanna got to a deserted beach also.

Posted by Aditya | Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:51 pm

The best time to visit Goa is winters. If you go offseason, you can get better deals. But avoid rainy season and summers, Goa is virtually abondended that time. Last 2 weeks of Dec and first 2 weeks of Jan are the costliest as Goas Christmas and New Year are very popular and its difficult to find a resonable accomodation. I went their for my honeymoon in beginning of March, after doing a lot of research, and believe me we were sweating most of the day. So the best time I would say would be from Nov to Feb.
Coming to the location, we also had the same requirement as yours. You would not want to stay in South Goa as South Goa beaches are almost deserted. North Goa is happening and full of activity. Candolim and Sinquerim beaches though in north Goa still maintain the balance. You can indulge in water sports, theme restaurants, beach shacks or have quality alone time strolling the quiet beach when you want. We stayed near Candolim beach and Sinquerim is at walking distance from Candolim.
But Baga beach is the one to look for if you really want lot of fun, one of the busiest and best beaches in Goa.
Regarding clothing, you dont need to worry at all about it, no body cares and anything you wear looks normal there and I mean anyting.

Posted by Indira | Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:11 am

thank you for clarifying so many of my doubts.How about if i plan to visit goa in sep-oct? How will be the weather then?
Also can anyone tell me are there any hotels available within the proce range of Rs.1000 near to the beach? If I get down at the kadamba bus stand in panaji, then how far will the beaches be from there? and whats the best mode of communication to be there?
I saw in many blogs that in goa, there are ppl who ogles and takes photos of girls and runs away, is it true?

Posted by Munira | Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:53 pm

dear indira,

well its true that in july,the beach won't be crowded and its off-season,i have been to goa in july,north goa beaches are closed 4 water activities and swimming,but at colva beach(south goa),you are not restricted to that.but its also true that this beach is less occupied,but you can have beach to yourself,otherwise if you want crowded beaches than go in oct-nov(peak season).About clothin,wear whatever u want,nobody cares.There are goa tourism hotels itself on calangute and colva beach and they are around 1000Rs only(Non ac).If you opt to go in july then good ac hotels will be avaialble.........

Posted by Aditya | Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:19 pm

You would be surprised to know that there are only hand full of Hotels in Goa, that are really on the beach. Most of them are at walking distance from the beach but you cannot get sea view from there. And the ones on the beach are expensive. I agree with Munira, you can look for Goa Tourism hotel at Calangute. But Calangute, though called the queen of beaches is far from being your dream beach, its the most popular beach among Indians and so you can understand its state :).

Anyhow, you are going to spend all your day and most of your evening on the beach and will come back to hotel only to sleep so why spend more on hotel. You can get decent rooms for as low as 400Rs/day (non ac) for a hotel that is at a stones throw from beach. I was on Honeymoon so I took a little luxurious one (3000rs/day). So it all depends on your purpose of travel

The best way to roam Goa is to get a Bike on rent. You can get a Honda activa for 150-200 Rs/day. Nothing can beat that. You have complete freedom.

And I found Goa to be one of the safest tourist destinations so stop worrying abt the few negative posts on the forums abt some anti-social elements and just rush to Goa and enjoy ur fullest :)

Popular forum topics for Candolim Beach

• Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post