Guwahati railway station to kamakhya temple distance

Guwahati railway station to kamakhya temple distance Q&A

Search Guwahati Travel Discussion

Ask a question

Guwahati railway station to kamakhya temple distance

Posted by Amit | Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:02 am

We will be reaching guwahati railway station in the morning hours therefore we have decided to take darshan at kamakhya temple first before settling ourself in a hotel. What is the distance between guwahati railway station to kamakhya temple and which can be the best means of transport.

Re: Guwahati railway station to kamakhya temple distance

Posted by Keshav | Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:00 am

Kamakhya Temple is very famous shaktipeeth of india. It is not very far from Railway Station.You can opt any mode of transportation i.e; local bus,Auto ,Taxi near the R.B.I. Square.

Posted by Indranil | Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:15 pm

It will be around 9 km through PAN Bazar-Fancy Bazar & Assam Trunk Road

Posted by Ashish | Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:16 pm

Road Distance or driving distance from Guwahati Railway Station to Kamakhya Temple is 8 kms, Your total travel time is approximately 0 hour(s) 15 min(s); which may vary depending upon the road and traffic conditions, But since you will be visiting the temple before checking in at the hotel i will advise you to hire a taxi since you will be having your luggage with you.

Posted by Indranil | Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:18 pm

It will be approximate 9 km through Pan Bazar - Fancy Bazar - Assam Trunk road.

Posted by Sankar | Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:52 pm

It will take you 20-25 minutes depending upon the traffic situation of road that time. As you will be reaching there in morning , it will be mostly free roads.As you will be having all your luggage with you, you should better take a good cab with proper certificate from local association , in case you have any trouble regarding your luggage afterwards. Please take the local association contact no to sort out any problems. As it is a place of spiritual importance, it would be better to go to a hotel and then visit the temple. The temple always have much security , so you won't be able to take any luggage with you inside the temple. The temple also closes from 12 pm and if I am not very wrong reopens in 2.30 pm or 3 pm. So make your planning according that. Wish you a great time in beautiful ASSAM !!!!

Posted by Vivek | Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:15 pm

Rly station to Ma kamakhya Devi temple is around 07 Km. When you exit from Rly Stn, take the ov er bridge and out side a little walk straight hardly 1/4 km you get lots of auto-rickshaws; charges would be around rs.100/- (full auto).But if you choose to go by share jeep,they will charge you Rs.15/- per head. for Darshan you need not contact any Panda or any middleman; straight head for Rs.100/- or Rs.500/-line/que;takes time depending upon tithi and etc. Chappls/Shoes can be kept from you buy flowers & dry fruits; no charges taken for shoes. Now head for the temple, best wishes. Pray also for all people including me!

Popular forum topics for Guwahati

• Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post