How many days to Corbett??

How many days to Corbett?? Q&A

Search Corbett Travel Discussion

Ask a question

How many days to Corbett??

Posted by Jennifer | Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:23 am

I have heard that the Corbett national Park opens in the month of Novembr. Till when it wil remain open? And How many days should i plan my trip to Corbett? Please suggest any good Jungle lodges.

Re: How many days to Corbett??

Posted by Arvind | Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:31 am

The park is open until June. 2-3 nights is good enough for getting a good feel of the National Park (depending on what you're going there for).

Camp Forktail Creek is a great place to stay if you want the real wilderness experience. Otherwise the Infinity Resort is also a great option, if you feel a little less adventurous.

Posted by Sumit | Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:07 pm

There are 3 distinct entry points for Corbett National Park.

The Jhirna zone (open throught the year)
The Bijrani zone (15th. October to 15th. June)
The Dikhala zone (15th. November to 15th. June)

2N are enough for corbett.

Posted by Sumit | Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:53 pm

Hi

The main jungle areas at Corbett will remain open from November to end of May. The best time to visit would be from Mid-November to March end. I believe that 2 nights is a good period of stay at corbett.

There are many good resort options around Corbett like Corbett Hideaway, Infinity Resorts, Tarika's Jungle retreat etc. You can search the net and choose one as per your budget and tastes. However, I would highly recommend you to try and get accomodation at the Dikhala camp inside the Corbett Park. Although quite difficult to get due to limited options and high demand, it is definitely worth it.

Enjoy!
Sumit

Posted by chubbie | Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:54 pm

Hi,
Dhikala lodge is the best. Its in a good locality, you can even see elephants in the wild from a distance from your balcony. The food was good. Atleast two days are required, so that you have a better chance of spotting the tiger. Of course, we did not see any in two days. But there is so much more than just the tiger. It was of course compensated by sighting two tigers in one trip in Ranthambore the following year. So just enjoy the wilderness if not the tiger.

Popular forum topics for Corbett

• Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post