Hows Shima/Manali vacation in April/May summer season

Hows Shima/Manali vacation in April/May summer season Q&A

Search Shimla Travel Discussion

Ask a question

Hows Shima/Manali vacation in April/May summer season

Posted by Ajay | Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:06 pm

Hi,

I wish to take my family to Shimla, Kullu Manali during April/May season, is it worth going at this time and can we atleast see some snow to enjoy. If its not the season, will Kashmir/Gulmarg circuit be better?

Need some valuable feedback from experienced travelers to the region.

Thanks
Ajay

Re: Hows Shima/Manali vacation in April/May summer season

Posted by Rajesh | Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:56 pm

Visiting Shimla and Manali during April and May is a good choice. Weather will be very good during these months. But the season is on peak during these months. Particularly durining April and May Shimla will be very crowded and hotel they exploit this situation unless you have booked the hotels in advance. In Manali you will not face much problem as there are too many hotels suiting different budgets. Climate will be more cold in Manali as compared to Shimla. You will be able to see snow in Rohtang during April and May also and may be some patches in Kufri during April and May. You much carry few woolen cloths to Manali. Some local spots in Manali, Manikaran Hot water ponds with Gurudwara and Temple there, and Rohtang are places worth visiting in Manali. In Shimla you can go to Kufri, Narkand(you may see some snow), Tatapani, Chail are places worth visiting.

Have a great time.

Posted by Shailendra | Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:57 pm

My Dear Friend

let me be very honest it would be a stupid thing to go to shimla in month of may.
i had been there in 2006 on 8-9-10 may and it was as hot as chandigarh and delhi.
either you go in 1st week of April or in month of July-Aug when monsoon is on its peek.
my last visit in july 25-29 2010 was most memorable since rains were in full swing.
manali is OK in this time since there will be some snow in rohtang area.

Posted by Anuraag | Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:08 pm

hi,
go for kashmir !!! srinagar, gulmarg, pahalgam ... 2 nights each.
i tell u nothing to beat this.... it wl b floral season plus u wl get snow
at gulmarg. kashmir has different colors in diff seasons.. each better than other. HEAVEN .. yes it is !!
enjoy anuraag

Posted by Samir | Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:37 pm

Weather will be pleasant in April / May. But I wonder if it will chilling cold? Its worth experiencing the cold in these regions. Thats what these places are for.
We went in February 2010 and we could not go to Rohtang as the roads were closed due to snows. We had to settle before Rohtang. But it was very good in manali.
In Feb 2010 we could not get Snow at Khufri at all. Wonder if it was my bad luck. The experience to Khufri was bad. The way (on horse ride) was bad and muddy (khichad). No snow and even no Apples in Apple Garden. (This was not the season for Apples). Maybe you could get in April/May.

Posted by Gaurav | Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:17 pm

Hi,

Manali is worth going anytime during the year, In Shimla weather will be hot during the day and nice and cool in the evening and night. You can find snow at Rohtang pass during April. If you want to go beyond Rohtang pass in search of natural beauty Lahul and Spiti is exact destination, but be acrefull travelling to high altitude specially if traveeling with Childrens or senior Citizens. Don't forgot to carry some wollen clothes as weather is unpredictables in the mountains.

Kashmir/Gulmarg will also be a smart choice, haven't been there but the experience of travelling to the valley would definately be more enjoyable.

Thanks
Gaurav

Posted by India | Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:24 am

Hi

If you wish to go in the month of april/may it is a good idea. There will be snow-fall in Rohtang Pass. You can also plan a short trip of 2 days to shimla as it will be pleasant but little bit hot at the day time. In Manali you can enjoy variou sports activities and you can see snow at rohtang pass.

For your trip you can log on to http://www.himachalhotels.in

Good idea to visit this hill station...

Regards

Popular forum topics for Shimla

• Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
Shimla hotels travelers are looking right now
Hotel
Amar Palace
18 Reviews
Resorts
East Bourne Resort
113 Reviews
Hotel
83 Reviews
Check all Shimla hotels ›
Highly Rated hotels in Shimla
Join your friends and read their recommendations for your next trip.

Sign-up for FREE to Instantly personalise HolidayIQ.com and know all your friends activities