Lonavala in Winter

Lonavala in Winter Q&A

Search Lonavala Travel Discussion

Ask a question

Lonavala in Winter

Posted by Ranjana | Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:48 pm

If i go to Lonavala in winter will i have fun over there? What can i do in Lonavala if i visit in December? What places can i visit?

Re: Lonavala in Winter

Posted by Kashyap patel | Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:16 pm

winter... i am not so sure about.

anyways, u dont get much to do in lonavala... its a hill station and best time to visit is during monsoons. now will be great time to visit.

there is nothing else to do except look at the lush green hills and waterfalls.

Posted by Satish | Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:00 pm

Ranjana wrote:If i go to Lonavala in winter will i have fun over there? What can i do in Lonavala if i visit in December? What places can i visit?

if you are a nature loving person, want to just chill around and escape
the madness of the town, dats wot u can expect from lonavala in december. there wont be much activity or sightseeing to be done other than just lazying around and enjoying the chillin climate. daytime temperatures would be only marginally better than mumbai, as evening comes, the temp drops down...

Posted by Mukund | Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:15 pm

Ranjana wrote:If i go to Lonavala in winter will i have fun over there? What can i do in Lonavala if i visit in December? What places can i visit?

I had the same question but with no answer.
Yet I went there on 4th december 2011. For your first question ..not really. We reached thr early morning, around 7:00 am at the lions point. It had a nic weather and a beautiful view but with a clear sky and dried valleys could be seen on the hill slopes. Once the day begins and u come down to some spots down the hill the weather becomes hot, scorching sun on your head, water bodies seems to be dried of but ofcourse from somewhr cold air will be hitting your body. Atleast this much is expected from a hill station. Same is the case, either you go to Bushi dam or ryewood park or monkey point or waterfall. Certainly this place would be heaven if you happen to be there just aftr rainy season. If you dont hv time nd decide to go to this place in winter, try to spend maximum tym at the lions point and tigers leap and dont miss the pakoda there...

Popular forum topics for Lonavala

• Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
Lonavala hotels travelers are looking right now
Resorts
7 Reviews
Resorts
Orchard Resort
13 Reviews
Hotel
Rajdhani Hotel
12 Reviews
Check all Lonavala hotels ›
Highly Rated hotels in Lonavala
Join your friends and read their recommendations for your next trip.

Sign-up for FREE to Instantly personalise HolidayIQ.com and know all your friends activities