Me and my Husband to Kullu

Me and my Husband to Kullu Q&A

Search Kullu Travel Discussion

Ask a question

Me and my Husband to Kullu

Posted by Pallavi | Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:05 pm

Me and my husband is planning a trip to Kullu. Please tell us which is the best time to visit & also recommend hotels which cost between 1500-2000rs and the places of attraction to visit.

Re: Me and my Husband to Kullu

Posted by | Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:55 am

Hi ,

I feel , you should stay at Manali instead of kullu . You can visit next month .

Regards,

Surajit

Re: Me and my Husband to Kullu

Posted by Sumit | Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:31 am

The average height of Kulu is about 4500 feet amsl. Average temperature during summer is around 19 degrees while it drops to around 10 degrees in winter. It is a famous skiing resort betwen the monmths of December and February.You are likely to face a pleasant weather.

Manikaran (45 km from Kulu, is famous for hot springs and waterfall)...Mandi (also called 'gateway of Kule' is famous for temples of Taradevi, Triloknath and Panchan vej)...Kasol (42 km from Kulu is a spot on the banks of river Parvathi, known for white sands)...Cataran (20 km from Kule is known for apple orchards)...Nagar (28 km from Kulu is the old capital known for its fort)...Vaishno cave (4 km)...Raghunath Temple (1 km)...Raison (16 km at a height of about 4800 feet amsl known for orchards of apples, apricots, and plums)...Bajora (15 km from Kulu known for Basheshwar Mahadev temple built in the 8th. century)...Banjar (58 km from Kulu at 5100 feet amsl, known for trout fishing)...Keshdhar (15 km from Kulu known for its green meadows)...Larji (34 km from Kulu famous for barking deer, wild pigs). Apart from sight seeings, Kulu is famous for woolen clothings, shawls, sweaters, carpets.

Manali, situated at about 6400 feet amsl is situated near the source of river Beas, about 40 km from Kulu. .

Hidimba Temple ( built in 1553, this temple is dedicated to one of Bhim's wife Hirimba)...Vashist Hot Water Springs (3 km)...Solang Valley (13 km, also known as 'snow point' famous for its 300-meter ski lift.)...Rahala waterfalls (16 km at about 8350 feet amsl)...Old Manali ( 3 km)...Zana Falls (35 km)...Manali Gompa (built in 1960, an important stop for Buddhists)...Kothi (located at the bottom of Rohatang Pass is a photogenic village and a plca eto enjoy the beauty of the deep gorge through which the Beas swiftly runs)...Rohtang Pass ( at 13000 feet amsl.It provides a wide panoramic view of mountains rising far above clouds, which is truly breath taking. Close by is a small lake called Dassaur Lake. Beas Kund, the source of river Beas. In winter, the road of Rothang Pass is closed.The road to Rohtang Pass is closed off at Manali bridge,on all tuesdays between 0900-1800 hrs to maintenance.

Manali would be a better option to stay. You can try Hotel Naveen (P)01902252211 (M) 09418573829

Popular forum topics for Kullu

• Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post