MOUSSORIE, DEHRADUN, HARIDWAR

MOUSSORIE, DEHRADUN, HARIDWAR Q&A

Search Mussoorie Travel Discussion

Ask a question

MOUSSORIE, DEHRADUN, HARIDWAR

Posted by Dibyendu | Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:03 pm

I along with my wife is planning to visit Moussorie, Dehradun and Haridwar in the first or second week of August. Pls let me know whether it is a good time to visit the places? This is off season or peak season? Also pls let me know some budget hotels in mouisorie. Also I want to know how many days will be required to complete the tour?
Its urgent friends. :)

Dibyendu

Re: MOUSSORIE, DEHRADUN, HARIDWAR

Posted by rajadasgupta | Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Dear Dibyendu,
I would like to answer as follows:
01 If you are travelling by train from Kolkata, you can avail the trains to Haridwar (morning and evening; also overnights). Stay at RISHIKESH on the River Bank. It is better than staying at haridwar. The recommended hotel at Rishikesh is RISHIKESH GANGA RESORT. It is slightly expensive, but worth it.
Spend the DAY 1 at Rishikesh. You can go to Laxmanjhula towards the afternoon and then cross RamJhula to see the Ganga Aarti at about 7:00 pm.
02 On Day 02, visit Haridwar in the morning from Rishikesh itself; you can finish off the trip in about 5 hours. I suggest stay at Rishikesh again.
03 On Day 03, take a car and go to Dehradun. See the places in Dehra Dun (IMA, FRI etc), proceed to Sahashradhara, have lunch and then go to Mussoorie.
04 There will be plenty of rain this time of the year at Mussoorie. You can stay at Hotel Padmini Niwas.
Regards,
Shibaji

Posted by Shirish | Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:11 pm

I would suggest to stay to start ur journey with haridwar.
stay in haridwar, visit the temples around haridwar and take compulsory the ganga arti knwn as hari k pauri, there is hotels in haridwar which is cheap and near to railwy statn.
thn go to rishikesh, early in morning, it can be travelled thrugh state bus, visit all the spots and leave for mussorrie before 4. it can be completed from 9-4, and reach mussorrie by same state bus. whch takes 2-3 hrs.
reach mussorrie and check in padmini niwas hotel whch i recommend as i stayed there for my honeymoon, is cheap and well maintained.
the overall tour from haridwar to musorrie and back to haridwar can be completed in 4 days.
this is a off season, only prblm for you is rain, whch is heavy in this part.

Posted by Anjan kumar | Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:49 am

hello
go to haridwar by doon stay at gmvn near the station it is cheap or alpana hotel near har ki pauri or hotel alakananda near ganges river of up tourism. Since you will reach early spend the day for local sight seeing and arati at har ki pauri.
02 day take a auto to rishikesh see ramjhula ,laxmanjhula and temples and back.
03 day take satabdi exp from haridwar to dehradun at deharud ryl stn you will get pre paid taxi rs 500 to mussoorie there are also buses. see kempty falls etc
04 day take a trip to dhanaulti and back 23 kms from mussoorie.
05 start early see local sight seeing in dehradun and sahasra dhara and catch doon exp at night.
Hotel padmini nivas is a ggd choice for staying in mussoorie.
anjan

Popular forum topics for Mussoorie

• Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post