Mudumalai Elephant Safari

Mudumalai Elephant Safari Q&A

Search Ooty Travel Discussion

Ask a question

Mudumalai Elephant Safari

Posted by Pragnesh | Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:52 pm

Hello There

How I can do online booking for Mudumalai Elephant Safari.

In Mudumalai, half hour elephant safari has been started with bookings to be done at the Ooty forest officeand 50% of tickets sold at Mudumalai Theppakadu reception center on a first come first serve basis.

There are some way to do online booking , please guide me

Thanks in adv ..

Re: Mudumalai Elephant Safari

Posted by Chandrasekhar | Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:59 pm

dear friend, MUDUMALAI ELEPHANT SAFARI, IT SELF A MISLEADING STATEMENT.THE SO CALLED SAFARI IS A MERE RIDE ON THE ELEPHANT,WHICH WALKS AROUND 250 METERS.IT DOESNOT EVEN ENTER THE FOREST AREA. I WAS IMAGINIG A TRECK LIKE WHAT WE SEE IN NATGEO.I HAVE MY OWN DOUBT ABOUT ON LINE BOOKING. IE YOU NEED A GOOD ELEPHANT SAFARI VISIT "TOP SLIP" CHANDRASEKHAR

Posted by Ajay | Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:07 pm

Hi,
i want to put my own view. i have been there last year. it is just waste of money and time. it's good for kids.
they will take you for a small ride and you will hardly see elephants and monkeys.

second thing they will try a lot to find any animal and for this they will take extra charge. after that you will get answer like today climate is not good so animals are hidden inside.

Posted by Affan | Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:47 pm

Hi,
I would like to share my view.

You can reach madumalai by Bus or hired car from ooty. Car will take you from shortcut and would be good to return in evening.

There are basically 3 attractions.

1) Jeep Safari, This is done twice a day and cost around 2500/- for complete jeep (6 person) would not be a good options with kids.

2) Safari on mini Bus, you can reach madumala entry point and book the Bus Safari at around Rs 100/0 per person. You will see dear, elephent, bision, monkey and many birds. Its rare to see tegier and cheetah etc on bus safari. Best time is early morning or evening to see the more animals.

3) You can book for the elephent ride, actually entry gate of madumalai itself in forest area and there they have elephant camp. You see many healthy elephent there. Its a small ride not take u in the deeper forest.

4) In evening around 5:00 PM you can visit elephent camp there they feed the elephant its good for kids.

Popular forum topics for Ooty

• Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
Ooty hotels travelers are looking right now
Hotel
The Willow Hill
84 Reviews
Hotel
Ponmari Residencyy
430 Reviews
Hotel
Silver Oak Hotel
75 Reviews
Check all Ooty hotels ›
Highly Rated hotels in Ooty
Join your friends and read their recommendations for your next trip.

Sign-up for FREE to Instantly personalise HolidayIQ.com and know all your friends activities