Places to visit in Chikmagalur

Places to visit in Chikmagalur Q&A

Search Chikmagalur Travel Discussion

Ask a question

Places to visit in Chikmagalur

Posted by Merchant of travel | Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:35 pm

Hi,

I am planning to go for a vacation to Chikmagalur next month(May). Please tell me which are the places I could visit here. I have not yet fixed the duration of the stay. I will decide that depending on the number of places there are to visit here.

Re: Places to visit in Chikmagalur

Posted by Swathi | Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:47 pm

:roll:
I don think u require a long trip to chickmagalur, its a very small and a beautiful place to visit the only thing u can visit is beautiful nature, water falls and some temples filled with fog, the popular places would be Mullaiyanagiri , Bababudangiri , kemangundi , manikyadara etc........dis s upto my knowledge enjoy ur trip. :geek:

Posted by Anand L | Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:54 pm

Chikmanglur is a beautiful place and if you love nature and a calm and quiet place, you could have a good time there. There are a lot of places around Chikmanglur like Baba Budangiri hills, Hebbe Falls, Kalhatti Falls etc. I'm not sure if May is an ideal time to Chikmanglur. But still, if you want to stay away from city life this is a good place. There are lot of good Home Stays around to relax.

Posted by Nitin | Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:30 pm

You can also visit Bhadra Reservoir .
You can even stay at River Tern resort which is Resort of Jungle Lodges Karnataka .
You can even take day Visit in that resort which offers excellent food and Wildlife Safary .
In case you have kids , do visit Gandhi Park in Chikmagalur on Mullayangiri Road .

Nitin

Posted by Ajay | Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:32 am

Hi, If its a quite holiday that you are planning then the forest of Chikmagalur are good. Don't plan on driving to Bababudangiri an kemmanagudi, climate wise they are fine even for the summer, but the drive is horrible coz of the roads but the views are breath taking. Tex Woods resorts on the fringes of the Badra National Park are good with the accommodation and food.

Posted by Sudha | Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:27 am

Do make a visit to Ayankere lake. Its calm, serene and beautiful. It is believed to be haunted in the evenings, but it is beautiful in the morning. We, unfortunately dint have the privelege to meet any ghosts!!

Posted by Ashok | Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:01 pm

The places to be visited in Chikmagalur are coffee plantations, 1000 year old Kodand Ram temple and Belur and Halebid temples with exquisite carvings, which are near Chikmagalur

Popular forum topics for Chikmagalur

• Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post