Second trip Q&A

Search Coorg Travel Discussion

Ask a question

Second trip

Posted by Babu | Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:15 pm

This is my second time to coorg. i have visited the Namdroling Monastery, Nisargadhama, and the elephant camp. I know i have missed out most of the places over there so please help me on where all i can go now.

Re: Second trip

Posted by | Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:36 pm

well there are not many more places to go around.....there is a local tour which is for the Abbey waterfall and the Raja Seat. Visit Raja Seat in the evening ...there is a beautiful water fountain light and sound show at 7.00 pm everyday.

Other then that I dont think there is anything u must have missed out. Coorg is more of a laze around place.
regards,
Jai

Posted by TravellerX | Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:42 pm

You can look at going to south Coorg - enter through Nagarhole & once you exit, there are some good home stays. From there, you can do jungle safaris in both Nagarhole as well as the Wayanad sanctuaries. However, check availability of animals in summer. You also have irupu falls & one more small island nearby (this is part of Kelara).

Posted by Srikumaran | Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:46 pm

There are many places around Madikeri you can visit:

1. Abbey Waterfalls
2. Rajaha's Seat
3. Talcauvery.....about 80km from Madikeri

Once you are in Madikeri, you will come to know other places of interest.

Cheers!!!

Srikumaran Menon

Posted by Prasad | Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:47 pm

well there are many more places to go around tu can visit Abbey waterfall and the Raja Seat. Visit Raja Seat in the evening, u can visit omkareshwara temple from coorg 125 KMS u have kukke subrmanya temple, Bhagamandala or talacauvery where river cauvery was born

Posted by Mukesh | Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:49 pm

Places to visit around coorg
Abbey Falls
Abbey falls is major fall in Coorg District of Karnataka state. This about 8 km from Madikeri Town
Mandalpatti
Mandalpatti is kind of beautiful small green mountain range, and covered with vast open grasslands. It is located 22 km from Madikeri Town. Mandalpatti is beautiful green place and this is just known to tourists in the recent year. This is really gorgeous landscape and feels like heaven.
Virajpet (Virarajendrapet)
Virajpet is the Taluk in Coorg District, Karnataka. This Place is home to thousands of coffee estates.
Irupu Falls
(also called as Irppu, Iruppu) situated in Virajpet Taluku of Coorg District, Karnataka. Irupu falls located on the Brahmagiri ranges. This falls also called by the local people as Lakshmana Tirtha Falls.
Nagarahole National Park
Nagarahole National Park is in the Border of Coorg and Mysore District in the Western ghat ranges. Nagarahole National Park was set up in 1955. Some best part of the Park situated in Virajpet taluku of Coorg District in Karnataka.

Posted by Abhijeet | Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:12 pm

Talakaveri - the origin place of river haveri. Must-see..

Popular forum topics for Coorg

• Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
Coorg hotels travelers are looking right now
HomeStays
Garden Villa
17 Reviews
Resorts
Heritage Resort
152 Reviews
Resorts
Coorg Halli Mane
82 Reviews
Check all Coorg hotels ›
Highly Rated hotels in Coorg
Join your friends and read their recommendations for your next trip.

Sign-up for FREE to Instantly personalise HolidayIQ.com and know all your friends activities