Shimla Manali Tour (24th Feb 2012 to 3rd March 2012)

Shimla Manali Tour (24th Feb 2012 to 3rd March 2012) Q&A

Search Shimla Travel Discussion

Ask a question

Shimla Manali Tour (24th Feb 2012 to 3rd March 2012)

Posted by Shailesh | Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:40 pm

I ma planning for Shimla Manali Tour alongwith my family (Me, Wife, Mom ,Dad, 3 kids 9yrs, 5 yrs and 3 yrs) starting 24th Feb 2012 to 3rd March 2012. My travel Plan is as below...
=====================================================
24th Feb 2012 (21:00 pm): Mumbai
(Start)
25th Feb 2012 (19:00 pm): Delhi (Reach)
25th Feb 2012 (21:00 pm): Delhi (Start)
26th Feb 2012 (04:00 am): Kalka (Reach)
26th Feb 2012 (05:00 am): Kalka (Start)
26th Feb 2012 (10:00 am): Shimla (Reach)
26th Feb 2012 (11:00 am) Check In HoneyMoon INN Hotel
26th Feb (Shimla-Full Day Sight seeing-Within Shimla)

How shall i plan the entire day? I mean various time slots of the day based on the sights.

1) ****
2) Indira Bungalow
3) Himalayan Zoo
4) Scandal Point
5) Shimla Church
6) Ridge
7) Lakar Bazar
8) Jakhu
9) Mall Road
10) Sankat Mochan

27th Feb (Shimla-Full Day Sight seeing-Outskirts of Shimla)

How shall i plan the entire day? I mean various time slots of the day based on the sight.

1) Kufri-Winter Sports Capital
2) Chaili
3) Naldehra
4) Chharbra
5) Narkanda
6) Tattapani
7) Naldehra

28th Feb 2012 (07:00 am): Shimla (Start).. Any suggestions on the mode of transport? Car is what i prefer.. Any contact details of good car rental agancy?
28th Feb 2012 (12:00 pm): Manali (Reach)
28th Feb 2012 (13:00 pm) Check In HoneyMoon INN Hotel

I do not have any idea about the sights to be visted at Manali. I am working on it but your suggestions are what i am looking for to make it happening. I would like to got for ice skating and Rohtang. Please sugegst.....

28th Feb 2012 (Manali-Half Day Sight seeing)??
29th Feb 2012 (Manali-Full Day Sight seeing)??
01st Mar 2012 (Manali-Full Day Sight seeing)??

02nd Mar 2012 (13:00 pm): Manali (Start).. What transport mode shall i prefer. Car? Any suggestions? Contact details of Car on hire?
02nd Mar 2012 (22:00 pm): Chandigarh (Reach)
02nd Mar 2012 (22:00 pm) to 03rd Mar 2012 (02:00 am): What to do in Chandigarh? Please suggest..
03rd Mar 2012 (02:00 am): Chandigarh (Start)
04th Mar 2012 (05:00 am): Mumbai (Reach)

I would really appriciate if you would suggest/comment/give tips on the items highlighted in red color. You can also comment on the entire travel plan though :) :) .

Thanks....
Shailesh

Re: Shimla Manali Tour (24th Feb 2012 to 3rd March 2012)

Posted by Tarun | Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:23 pm

Established as one of the oldest places in the country to be associated with the winter sport of skiing, the hills of Kufri at an altitude of 2,500mt are craving for attention amid lack of facilities and any government or tourism-supported winter activities on the 1-1.5km slopes that stretch from the Mahasu peak to Lambidhar.

Skiing in Kufri - Joint secretary of winter games association D R Kashyap said, "It was after independence that these ski slopes were utilized by winter games aficionados for skiing, Now, no tourism or government-supported event is organized here and no modern equipment are in place."

Posted by Rakesh | Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:24 pm

Dear Shailesh,

Pl. go through the ideal itinerary which I had developed after my visits to Shimla & manali. Please ignore Option 1 below since Jalori Pass would not be open at this time in Feb (it is generally open after March end). This will help you schedule your days appropriately. You may ignore whichever is not applicable.

CHANDIGARH-SHIMLA-MANALI TOUR
Day 1 :- Mumbai – 2471 DN Swaraj Express – Ambala Canttt 08:30 Dep Ex-Borivali
Day 2 :- Arrival at Ambala 08:00 am. Proceed to Kalka (80 kms from Chandigarh by bus). Reach by 11:00 am. From Kalka take Himalayan Queen to Shimla dep at 12:10pm. Need to reach early for ticket Booking.Arrival at Shimla at 06:00 pm. Check in Hotel (details below)
Day 3 :- Sightseeing 1) Green Valley 2) Helipad 3) **** 4) Kufri 5) Indira Tourist Home 6) Chail Palace (35 kms) 7) Jhakoo Devi Temple. Rs. 1200 for the tour by Maruti Van.
Day 4 :- 1) Army base (Golf Course) 2) Viceregal Lodge 3) Tara Devi Temple 4) Sankat Mochan 5) Craignano Fruit Station 6) Naldhera Golf Course & back to Mall Road. (Rs. 1500 by Maruti Van)
NOTE:- Sight Seeing Points like Scandal Point, Ridge, Mall Road, Church & Lakkar Bazar are in the same location of the Mall Road & can be visited in the evenings after the sightseeing on Day 3 & 4. After the sight seeing you have to leave your Van below the LIFT which is at the lower Mall. This Lift service is for the public in Shimla at the LOWER MALL. They charge you Rs. 5 per person to reach the Upper Mall near all these points.
NEXT OPTIONS
Option 1:-
Check out with the travel agent if road via Jalori Pass is Open. If yes, this is the best option if you can afford a Maruti Van. If Jalori pass is full of snow, then proceed with Option 2.
Day 5:- Check out of Shimla. Book a Maruti Van from Shimla to Manali via Jalori Pass (not via Mandi, which is the commercial Route, since it is very boring) Charges would be approximately Rs.7500 @ 15 per km (to & fro journey, since they calculate return fare as well). Reach Narkanda Tour 65 kms. Try to reach Hatu Peak 8 kms in Narkanda (it is one of the best place to see, provided the road is accessible). Check in at a Hotel in Narkanda for the night.
Day 6 :- Check out of Narkanda & proceed to Manali (195 kms) via Jalori Pass. The road passes through a JALORI PASS at a height of 4200 mtrs above sea level with apple orchards & excellent greenery of either sides.
OPTION 2
Day 5 :- Book a Maruti Van for a day’s journey to & fro Narkanda. You can reach Hatu Peak (8 kms) , provided it is accessible. Return back to Shimla.
Day 6:- Check out of Shimla & proceed to 238 kms by State transport bus (Rs. 400 per seat). Check in at Hotel (details below)
Day 7:- Local Tour to Hadimba Temple, Club House, Manu Temple Naggar Castle & Jagatsukh,.
Day 8 :- ROHTANG PASS, Solang Valley & Vashistha Temple.
Day 9:- MANIKARAN tour, Anglo Rabbit Farm, Kullu Shawl Factory
Day 10:- Spend a day in Manali for yourself without any schedule & enjoy the place. You can do some shopping in the evening.
Day 11 :- Check out of Manali & start by 08:00 am HPTDC bus to Chandigarh. Reach Chandigarh at 06:00 pm & check in at Hotel.
Day 12:- Start in the morning & visit Pinjore Garden (20 kms) & return back. Check out of the hotel, keep the luggage at the hotel & visit the Rock Garden. Pick up your luggage & proceed to Ambala Cantt. Station to take the 2472 UP Swaraj Mail. Departure from Ambala is 18:00 hours.
Day 13:- Arrival at Mumbai 05:00 am.
Important Notes.
1) Ensure train booking of to & fro journey including Himalayan queen well in advance.
2) If booking for Himalayan queen in not available, then always inform the TC at Kalka station. There are last minute cancellations. They usually charge Rs. 100-150 per seat extra to ensure that you get the seat.
3) For the journey from Kalka – Shimla, if choice is given prefer the seating on the right side of the train. This journey itself is something worth remembering.
4) For Shimla, a good budget hotel like HOTEL NISHAT would be in the range of Rs. 1000-1500 depending on the season. You can contact them. They are very good & reliable. Insist on Valley View Room No. 4 or 5. Contacts are available on the website. Contact Person’s name is Mr. Taneja.
5) For Manali, a good budget hote like HOTEL MARBLE would be in the same range of Rs. 1000-Rs. 1500 depending on the season. It is a very good place to stay.

Posted by ateeq | Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:00 pm

Hi Shailesh,

Keeping in mind the importance of time and your wishes to visit most of the places Mr. Rakesh has put forward Shimla and Manali plan very clearly (surprised to see lift details since nobody thinks about it inspite of it being very important - hats-off to him).
If my plan is Shimla-manali-chandigarh and I have my parents with me then my itinerary would be
26th - arival in shimla and sight seeing
27th - Viceregal lodge
(must see) and Kufri (must see)
28th - Hire a car to Chail (must see) continue same carto Manali
29th & 01st - Solang Valley, Rohtang Pass, Hadimba and other temples, Vashisht hot water spring.
2nd afternoon leave for chandigard (5hr)
evening visit sukhna lake
3rd - Visit rock garden and Leisure valley
3rd night checkout

Posted by R k pathak | Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:11 pm

Visit to Shimal can be divided into three parts viz local and outskirts
a) Local: Scandal Point, Ridge, Mall Road, Jakhu, Indian Institute of Advanced Studies and Lakar Bazar
b) outskirts again divided into two parts i) Kufri, Chini Bungalow, ****, Charbara and Naldehra
ii) Chail
This needs three days. You can hire a taxi @ Rs 800/- per day for outskirts. Local can be visited by walk

Posted by Karamdeep | Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:24 pm

According to me your plan is perfect…… :P

Posted by Varun | Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:02 pm

Dear Shailesh,

Last year i also visit Manali Shimla Tour that was superb but it was not possible without my tour operator. they provides me all comfortable facility.

Day 1: Arrive Manali
After over night journey reach Manali in the morning and check in hotel. After lunch, free day for you enjoy the mall road. Overnight leisure at hotel.

Day 2: Manali - Rohtang Pass - Manali
Full day tour to Rohtang Pass. It is gateway to Lahoul Valley, Rahala Falls, Solang Valley, and Nehru Kund. Come back to Manali. Overnight stay at Manali.

Day 3: Manali - Kullu – Manikaran - Manali
After breakfast, full day visit to Kullu valley, Manikaran. In evening back to Manali, over night stay at hotel.

Day 4: Manali local sightseeing
After breakfast visit Hadimba temple, Club house, Manu temple, Van vihar, Tibetan Monastery & mall Road. This evening you will go for shopping in Manali market. Overnight stay at Manali.

Day 5: Manali - Shimla
After breakfast leave Manali for Shimla, on arrival Check in hotel. Over night stay at Shimla.

Day 6: Shimla local sightseeing
Full day excursion to Kufri-one of the finest ski slopes, Chini Bungalow, Naldhera-a nine **** golf course. Over night stay at Shimla.

Day 7: Shimla - Delhi
Early morning have breakfast, check out from hotel and depart for Delhi to catch your train/flight for onward destination.

Popular forum topics for Shimla

• Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post