taxi fare from kochi airport

taxi fare from kochi airport Q&A

Search Kochi (Cochin) Travel Discussion

Ask a question

taxi fare from kochi airport

Posted by Timir | Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:27 pm

what is the approximate taxi fare from Kochi airport to Time Square Kochi (Club Road) and from Time Square to Munnar .

Thanks a lot for your answer

Re: taxi fare from kochi airport

Posted by karthikk | Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:58 pm

For the airport to times square, it would cost you around 700-800 Rs. depending on which vehicle you use and what time of the day. An Indicab non-ac might be the cheapest option at around 500-600 in daytime. The domestic arrival terminal at Cochin airport has a prepaid taxi counter where you can book your taxis (your choice of vehicle) to any place. You could enquire there after you land. They are quite competitive and the drivers there are very decent. They don't seem to cheat/charge extra at all. :mrgreen:

times square to munnar would be 4 hours journey. Not sure about the fares. :|

Posted by Timir | Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:29 pm

karthikk wrote:For the airport to times square, it would cost you around 700-800 Rs. depending on which vehicle you use and what time of the day. An Indicab non-ac might be the cheapest option at around 500-600 in daytime. The domestic arrival terminal at Cochin airport has a prepaid taxi counter where you can book your taxis (your choice of vehicle) to any place. You could enquire there after you land. They are quite competitive and the drivers there are very decent. They don't seem to cheat/charge extra at all. :mrgreen:

times square to munnar would be 4 hours journey. Not sure about the fares. :|

Thanks.. :)

Posted by Parag | Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:55 pm

Hi Timir,

I think it is approx. 600-700. Prepaid Taxis are available from Airport.

For details, Go through the following link of Cochin International Airport.

http://cial.aero/taxifare/taxifaresearc ... linkid=104

Cochin to Munnar Taxi will cost you atleast Rs.2000 considering that you would leave it at Munnar itself.

Cabs generally charge Rs.1400-1500 per day for NON-AC Indica which included 150kms. Anything above 150 km is charged at Rs.8 or so per km.

Better that you hire the same taxi for both your journeys. (Airport to Cochin, Cochin to Munnar)

Parag

Posted by David | Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:16 pm

while many of the taxi drivers may be decent, in my one experience, the driver tried to rob me. take care, keep the voucher from the prepaid counter and do not hand it over until you have safley reached your destination

Posted by Timir | Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:11 pm

David wrote:while many of the taxi drivers may be decent, in my one experience, the driver tried to rob me. take care, keep the voucher from the prepaid counter and do not hand it over until you have safley reached your destination

Thanks..:)

Posted by Timir | Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:12 pm

Parag wrote:Hi Timir,

I think it is approx. 600-700. Prepaid Taxis are available from Airport.

For details, Go through the following link of Cochin International Airport.

http://cial.aero/taxifare/taxifaresearc ... linkid=104

Cochin to Munnar Taxi will cost you atleast Rs.2000 considering that you would leave it at Munnar itself.

Cabs generally charge Rs.1400-1500 per day for NON-AC Indica which included 150kms. Anything above 150 km is charged at Rs.8 or so per km.

Better that you hire the same taxi for both your journeys. (Airport to Cochin, Cochin to Munnar)

Parag

Thanks ..:)

Popular forum topics for Kochi (Cochin)

• Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
Kochi (Cochin) hotels travelers are looking right now
Hotel
Grand Hotel
22 Reviews
Hotel
The Mercy
7 Reviews
Hotel
Saas Tower
15 Reviews
Check all Kochi (Cochin) hotels ›
Highly Rated hotels in Kochi (Cochin)
Join your friends and read their recommendations for your next trip.

Sign-up for FREE to Instantly personalise HolidayIQ.com and know all your friends activities