trip to naniital

trip to naniital Q&A

Search Nainital Travel Discussion

Ask a question

trip to naniital

Posted by Kishor | Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:18 pm

hi i(couple) want to travel nainital,Corbett park,musoorie,kausani and binsar in last week of may 2012 for 7 days
plz suggest some adventure place near by i heard about auli (sking) aad rishikesh (river rafting)
i want to know the order of visiting such places?
should car
be hired for whole trip? how much they r charging for trip/day/per k.m?
how much days should be allotted to each places?
:D :)

Re: trip to naniital

Posted by Gaurav | Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:03 pm

Hi,

Yes, you should hire a taxi for the kind of trip you are planning for. An Indica will costa round Rs 6/Km with an average of 250 KMS per day. For a long trip like yours you might be able to pull of a good bargain.

Try to skip Mussorie as its completly off the route, try to include Muktheswar.

The order can be:

1. Jim Corbett
2. Nainital
3. Binsar
4. Kasuani
5.Muktheswar

Enjoy!

Posted by Krishna | Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:23 am

hi,
visit nainital, mukteshwar, kausani & corbett. Forget everything else.
once in nainital, visit snow view, horse riding, thandi sadak, high altitude zoo, naini lake, sattal, garudtal, naukuchiatal & kilbury. it will take around 2 days to visit the places.
in mukteshwar visit chauli ki jali & old temple. there is nothing else to see. it is a day trip from nainital.
in kausani, stay at one of the tea gardens. here you have a very clear view of the upper Himalayan ranges. you may also go to baijnath temples if u wish.
in corbett, plz remember if you need to stay for a night to have a feel of the wildlife. if you plan to do a day trip to corbett, you will be fooled. stay for a night in dhikala forest rest house. go for an early morning safari and you could end up sighting rare animals.
this entire trip would take at least 5 days if planned hurriedly and may cost around 12000 per head in a budget setup.

Posted by R k pathak | Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:32 am

Mussorrie is on another route than nainital.

Posted by Kalyan kumar | Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:10 am

Hi,

It is not a good idea to visit Musoorie along with other places you want to visit. Musoorie is very far from nainital. If you still wants to go to musoorie, either you go there at the begining or at the end of the trip. Other than Musoorie the sequence of travel should be as follows:-

-From kathgodam go streight to Binsar. ( It is about 8 hrs drive ).
-Stay night at Binsar ( preferably at KMVN guest House ).
You will see a huge rang of snow peaks from Binsar.
-Next day you go to Kausani ( about 70 Km- 4 hrs drive )and stay the night there. Don't miss the next morning sunrise.
- After breakfast proceed to Nainatal . If you have time, you can stay one night at Mukteshwar. You will see again big range of snow peaks from KMVN Guest house at Mukteshwar.

However please note that visibility of peaks depends on clear sky, which is rare in Jun/ July.

Next day onwards you stay at Nainital. ( stay atleast 2 days ).
On your way back, you may visit corbett.

I have kept Nainital at the last leg of Kumaon, only because of the fact that your fatigue of journey will be well converted into joy at the beautiful Nainital.

Please remember, that journey on the hills is quite tiresome and you should not travel more than 125 to 150 KM a day.

Entire trip can be covered by car. I give below two car operators' names

1. Skylark travels Tel 05942-235165 ; e.mail : [Moderator-This email id is hidden. Click here to send a message to this user.]

2. New Hina tour & Travels ( tel : 05942- 237126 ; e.mail :hinapackage@yahoo.com

Thanks.
K.K.Saha

Posted by Sharad c. | Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:11 am

Dear Kishor,

I suggest the following itenerary for you:

Day 1: Arrive at Kathgodam station at 5 AM, from where you hire a taxi for the entire trip. Drive to NAINITAL (approx. 1 hour). Spend the next 2 nights there (take a hotel by the lake). There's enough to see and do in Nainital.

Day 3: Leave at around 9 AM, and drive to KAUSANI, via Bhowali, Ranikhet and Someshwar (approx. 4 hours), and reach there by lunch time. Take a cottage at the KMVN property. It's economical, and a great location, with commanding views of the Trishul, Nanda Devi and other snow peaks. Visit the Anashakti / Gandhi Ashram. Kausani is a small town, and good for only 1 night.

Day 4: Drive to BINSAR via Baijnath (stop and see the ancient Shiva temple complex) and Bageshwar (approx. 4 hours). Stop for a few minutes on the way out of Kausani and visit the tea gardens. At Binsar, drive into the Binsar reserve forest (its a 10km drive into the forest). But don't expect too much, as the forest is pretty dry and dull. You could choose to stay the night at the KMVN property, which is at the end of the trail, in the heart of the forest, or at the Club Mahindra property (on the main road, before you reach the Binsar forest). I recommend the latter. Like Kausani, Binsar is also good for only 1 night.

Day 5: Drive to MUKTESHWAR via Almora, Bhowali and Ramgarh (approx. 4 hours). Spend 2 nights at Mukteshwar (advisable, after all that driving!). There are enough places to stay in Mukteshwar.

Day 7: Drive to KATHGODAM via Bhowali and Bhimtal (approx. 2.5 hours), and catch your train from there.

Forget Corbett on this trip. Mussourie is in a different direction, hence ruled out.

Have a nice vacation!

Sharad C. Mohan

Posted by Travel Freak | Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:21 pm

You can follow the below order

1) Jim corbett - 1 night
2)Ranikhet - 1 night
3)Kausani - 1 night
4)Binsar - 1night
5)Mukteshwar 1- night
6)Nainital 2 Nights

I have done this before and Binsar is a very nice place.

Nothing much to do but thats the USP for that place.

Regards
Venkat

Popular forum topics for Nainital

• Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
Nainital hotels travelers are looking right now
Hotel
7 Reviews
Resorts
Himalayan Village
9 Reviews
Resorts
Woodside Retreat
4 Reviews
Hotel
Everest Hotel
10 Reviews
Check all Nainital hotels ›
Highly Rated hotels in Nainital
Join your friends and read their recommendations for your next trip.

Sign-up for FREE to Instantly personalise HolidayIQ.com and know all your friends activities