A World Never Imagined Tour Package, Srinagar
An amazing trip to Ladakh-Leh, the heaven on earth. The mesmerizing views of mountains, lakes, monasteries will be a treat for your eyes. Avail stay..
- All hotel accommodations.
- All transport costs ex-Srinagar upto Delhi including Inner Line Permits for Restricted Areas.
- Dinner along with accommodation at Srinagar, Kargil, Pangong Tso, Tso Moriri, Diskit, Jispa.
- Breakfast along with accommodation at Kargil, Leh, Pangong Tso, Tso Moriri, Diskit, Jispa, Manali.
- Airport transfers at Srinagar.
- All tolls (wherever applicable).
- All food & beverages costs apart from the ones mentioned above.
- Hotel & driver tips(if any).
- Entry ticket fees to Museums, Parks, etc.
- Any personal expenditure (Toiletries, medicines, etc.)
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/ stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head "Cost Includes".
- Any guide fees.
- Any Airfares not mentioned above in "Cost includes" section.
- Any laundry charges, hotel telephone bills, room service, etc.
(11 NIGHTS/12 DAYS)
Srinagar - Sonmarg - Zoji La - Drass - Kargil - Mulbek - Alchi - Lamayuru - Sangam - Leh - Shey - Thiksey - Chang La - Pangong Tso - Hemis - Khardung La - Nubra Valley - Diskit - Hundar - Tanglang La - Pang - Sarchu - Baralacha La - Jispa - Keylong - Rohtang La - Manali.
Day 1 (D)
Srinagar You will be met at Srinagar airport/bus-stand/tax stand and will be guided to your houseboat. Use day to relax and rest in the houseboat. Use evening for the world famous Shikara ride on the Dal Lake. Also, visit Floating Market during Shikara ride. Dinner in the houseboat.
Day 2 (D)
Srinagar - Sonmarg - Drass - Kargil Leave Srinagar early morning after bed tea and move onwards for breakfast at Sonmarg. Start from Sonmarg after breakfast to reach Kargil early evening via Drass. On the way, witness the gradual change in the landscape from a green valley to a high altitude cold desert. Overnight at Kargil. Dinner in Hotel.
Day 3 (B)
Kargil - Mulbek - Alchi - Leh Leave Kargil early morning after breakfast. You are now in Ladakh territory. Head onwards to Mulbek, where you will see a 2000 year old stone carving of Buddha. After lunch on the way, head to Lamayuru, one of the oldest monasteries in Ladakh. Just ahead of Lamayuru, you will witness Moon Landscape and Magnetic Hill. Magnetic Hill is known for a unique phenomenon. See your vehicle defy gravity here. Reach Leh early evening and relax in hotel.
Day 4 (B)
Leh Take a city tour including Shey Palace, Thiksey Monastery, Sindhu Darshan and finally end the day at Shanti Stupa before dusk. Shanti Stupa is the most iconic structure in Leh. Head to bed early for next day's early morning journey.
Day 5 (B-D)
Leh - Chang La - Pangong Tso Leave early morning for Pangong Tso after breakfast at hotel via Chang La, the third highest motorable (5360 m. or 17590 ft. above sea level) road in the world. While driving downhill, take lunch at Tangtse, the last inhabited village before Pangong Tso. Pangong Tso is situated at a height of 14270 ft. above sea level and is 134 kms long, of which around 40 kms lie in India. The lake waters are crystal clear but are filled with heavy mineral deposits. Hence, there is no living organism in the lake. This lake is world renowned for its changing colours throughout the day according to the sun's position and reflection. Stay overnight at lakeside camp. Dinner at camp.
Day 6 (B)
Pangong Tso - Chang La - Leh Leave early morning from Pangong Tso after breakfast at camp and see Hemis monastery on the way to Leh. Hemis is the largest monastery in Ladakh and has one of the most beautiful locations. Head to Leh after seeing Hemis and reach hotel by late afternoon. Overnight at hotel.
Day 7 (B-D)
Leh - Khardung La - Nubra Valley After breakfast at hotel, drive to Khardung La, the HIGHEST MOTORABLE ROAD (5602 mt. or 18380 ft. above sea level) IN THE WORLD. Have tea with stationed army men in the highest café in the world. Drive downwards to Nubra Valley and have lunch at Khaltsar. Head onwards to Diskit gompa (monastery) and to the sand dunes in Hundar. Ride the unique double-humped Bactrian camels. Drive back to Diskit for overnight at hotel/guest house. Dinner at hotel/guest house.
Day 8 (B)
Nubra Valley - Khardung La - Leh Leave early morning after breakfast and reach Leh early afternoon. After lunch, head to the massive Leh Palace and Fort. End the day with a visit to Phyang monastery.
Day 9 (B-D)
Leh - Tanglang La - Sarchu - Jispa Leave Leh early morning and drive towards Tanglang La, the second highest motorable road (17600 ft. or 5365 m. above sea level) in the world. Head towards Sarchu for lunch and then drive onwards to Jispa via Baralacha La (4890 m. or 16040 ft. above sea level). Overnight in camp at Jispa. Dinner at camp.
Day 10 (B)
Jispa - Keylong - Rohtang La - Manali Leave Jispa after breakfast and drive towards Manali via Rohtang La (3978 m. or 13051 ft. above sea level) pass. On the way, see the beautiful high altitude village of Keylong. Reach Manali by late afternoon and relax for the rest of the day in the hotel.
Day 11 (B)
Manali - Delhi Check out after breakfast. Use the day to roam around Manali. Late evening, catch a Volvo bus for Delhi. Overnight in Volvo bus.
Delhi Reach Delhi in the morning.
- Above costing is on the basis of booking by 6 adults minimum. For less than 6 persons the costing will then be calculated on customised tour basis.
- All internal transport which is provided by OneLife will be in Non-AC Innova/Scorpio/Tavera/Xylo.
Date of Departure(ex-Srinagar): 9th July 2012.
Customisation Available: 15th May to 15th September.
Best time to visit: 15th May to 15th September.
Cost per person: Rs. 29700*(twin-sharing) Rs. 27800*(triple-sharing)
*not for customised packages.
Srinagar: Royal Group of Houseboats or similar
Kargil: Hotel PC Palace or similar
Leh: Hotel Yaktail or similar
Pangong Tso Lake: Camp Whispering Waves or similar
Nubra Valley(Diskit): Olthang Guest House or similar
Jispa: Hotel Padma or similar
Manali: Hotel Snow view or similar
Things to carry for this travel plan:
- Fleece Winter Jacket
- Woolen Jacket/Sweater
- Thermal wear
- Woolen socks
- Comfortable shoes
- Woolen gloves
- Small day backpack
- Personal Medicine
- 1 strip of Diamox(if one is allergic to this drug, ask your family physician for a substitute)
- Cotton for ears
- Sunscreen/sunblock with SPF 20(consult family physician) or above
- Winter cream/moisturiser
- Garbage bags to avoid littering
- Paper soap