One of the thrilling sports that has emerged in India in the recent years is river rafting. Most family packages have included rafting in their itineraries. With plethora of rivers roaring, travellers can find many river rafting packages in India.
However, it is important to choose the right package that fulfils all your requirements. Few factors mentioned below would help you find the package of your choice.
1. Budget: Your rafting vacation can be so much more fun and adventurous if planned properly. The most important thing that needs to be planned is the budget. A well thought out budget could save you a lot of unpleasant surprises. River rafting in Rishikesh would be one of the cheapest options in North India. You can get a package for 1 day 1 night for about 2,500 which also includes accommodation and meals. Rishikesh is also the best option for weekend getaways from Delhi. However, if budget is not your constraint, you can check out packages for river rafting in Kundalika River in Maharashtra. The package for 2 days 1 night costs about 4,000 which includes white river rafting and other activities like kayaking and river crossing.
2. Destination: Every rafting destination offers a unique experience in terms of difficulty, length, rapids and a lot more. You should carefully choose a destination based on your experience level and past experience, if any. If you are looking for rafting packages in North India, you may also check out Manali packages. Package for 1 day would cost about 4,000 which includes rafting in Kullu amidst snowy mountains along with sightseeing. However, if you want to go for rafting in South India, there are packages for tour to Coorg. River rafting in Barapole river in Coorg for 1 day would cost you about 2,000 per person which also includes meals.
3. Number of days: River rafting could prove to be very exciting and you may easily get carried away. It is advisable that you plan your trip strictly according to the time available and choose the destination and rafting package accordingly. For short duration rafting packages, you can opt for river rafting in Teesta River in Sikkim. 1 night camp stay costs about 1,500 which also includes meals. For longer duration rafting packages, you can check out packages for trip to Leh. The package for 10 days 9 nights would cost around 40,000 which includes rafting on the Indus/Zanskar river, cycling, camping, hiking and sightseeing.
4. &Type of accommodation: You will find a lot of stay options at most of the rafting destinations. Choose the one that suits your requirement in terms of budget and other preferences. If you are looking for budget hotel to stay, you can get a package for about 3,500 for 1 day 1 night in Kolad. However, if you want to stay in 3-star hotels, the package may cost you about 5,000. The same package would cost about 8,000 to 12,000 if you want to stay in 4-star or 5-star resorts or hotels in Kolad. The package also includes other activities like kayaking and river crossing.
5. Domestic vs. International: An international rafting trip could certainly give you bragging rights among your peer group. However, like every good thing, an international rafting trip too comes with a steep price tag. Choose wisely keeping in mind your budget and other factors. Among international rafting packages, you can select the package for tour to Sri Lanka. The package costs about 60,000 for 7 days 6 nights and includes white river rafting at Kitulgala and other activities like Madu river boat safari and visit to popular temples in Sri Lanka.
6. Travel deals and discounts: There are great deals and discounts to be had, if you choose to travel during off-peak season and can end up saving quite a bit of money. All you have to do is get your priorities in place.
Your request has been created successfully!
We have sent you an email with all the requested details.