1. Superb location, 100 m from VIP west gate of Taj Mahal.
2. Very very very clean room.
3. Extremely clean bathroom, I was amazed.
4. Food service was vow - like half pot tea for 30 bucks :-) and it was excellent, and the people who serve were well mannered and helpful.
5. Since the hotel has open garden restaurant that means they don't charge the VAT and service tax, which is good, also note food is mostly over charged at all tourist places including Agra, but this place has amazing food and the money they charge for food was very decent and in no way it was exorbitant.
Background - I got a good discount on my one day stay, actual room charge was about 1500 and I only had to paid 390 (due to some really good discount from makemytrip).
Situation - when I reached hotel and showed my booking voucher to the manager (supposedly), immediately his facial expressions changed as if I was cheating them by paying so low (I know, I paid less money, but hey, that was makemytrip discount, not that I played something up), with a rough face he asked us to wait so that the room gets ready for check-in. Our check-in was at 12 pm and I reached there 11:40 am, waited till 12:10 pm, now this guy calls some person and discusses the situation over phone and I can make out that he was upset about us paying so low, while waiting I tried to chit-chat with him asking general stuff like how much they charge for offline booking and stuff to kind of make situation better, but boy, this person was so rough to my face and answered in irritating tone, if I were not with family, I would have taught him a lesson. However, it did not get ugly from here and he did allot us room as promised but it did cause a dent on memory. I wish this guy gets kicked out from the hotel and if he is the owner I wish he fixes his mind, before someone else does it for him!
Conclusion - It is a nice place to stay and eat decent food at decent cost, at the expense of a bit silly behaviour of the manager, just don't talk to that person and get through the check-in period.
I along with my spouse checked in to Hotel Royal Residency on 13th November 2015 to celebrate our 10th anniversary and so had booked a suite room.
Positives at the hotel :
1. Guard at the time of check-in welcomed us with a very cheerful smile which was very overwhelming. Front office executives may like to learn from the Guard on Duty.
2. Breakfast at the Hotel was fantastic and the ambiance was superb.
3. Room was good, no foul smell.
1. There was no wifi connectivity in the room.
2. We booked a family room and had two TVs. Both the TVs were out of connectivity.
3. I requested and complained thrice, to which I was told someone would be sent soon to repair the same and a data card would be handed over to use wifi services. The day passed and even the next day, no one came to check on the connectivity.
4. I also wrote an email to Abhijeet Rodricks (Sales Manager) mentioning the problems faced, however, he never responded back.
5. Swimming pool was under construction, details of which were not mentioned anywhere on the website.
6. Glasses were sterilized but the mug was not cleaned properly and was having rust spots inside.
The room was booked through makemytrip and I paid full amount at the time of booking.
Gyst â€“ Prepaid Customers are not entertained at the Hotel Royal Residency. If I would not have paid, with the service levels at Royal Residency, I would have not stayed at the property.
Good Part: We were offered welcome drink when we reached. Hotel was clean. Rooms were clean. Location was good. Ambiance was also good.
Bad Part: Rooms were not at all soundproof, We were getting lot of noise from neighbouring rooms. Exhaust fan was making too much noise and when we asked them about it they said all the rooms have same exhaust fans and this is how it is. Knob in the bathroom was broken and seems extremely old. Iron board provided was broken. With the Iron provided you can definitely have a shock during your stay.
Food was really pathetic. Morning breakfast had same menu for both the days that too with continued pathetic taste. Paranthas were cold and with bad taste. Basic things like comb, dental kit were not provided until asked for. Terrace Grill (restaurant at terrace) was also tried. Didn't like the taste their as well. Very Limited options for vegetarians.
Their Generator was in Swimming Pool area so you cannot have peace even at pool area. There is no other place in the Hotel to roam around to have your time. No Garden, No Lawn, nothing.
Anything they provide in the room as mini-bar. Everything is chargeable. Nothing is complementary. Worst WIFI speed you can ever get. You would prefer using your 2G over that. Even after complaint, no-one came to rectify it.
TV didn't work for half of the day but no apologies from the staff. I understand issue was from Tatasky side but they should compensate it as we have paid the hotel and not to Tatasky.
Hotel Sidhartha is an excellent budget hotel very close to the western gate of the Taj Mahal. The room was excellent, clean and well maintained. All the staff at the hotel were very good and helpful specially the man who is in charge of the restaurant. The hotel has a cute garden restaurant were the food was good. We can view a portion of the Taj from the terrace, but we have to be careful of the monkeys in the area. Cars are not allowed till the gate of the hotel as it is very close to the Taj. So we had to walk a few feet. The are many shops selling souvenirs close by on the way to the Taj. There is an auto stand close by from where you can get an auto to the various tourist spots. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay in a good budget hotel from where he can visit the Taj very easily at any time of the day.
Jaypee was an amazing experience. The entire staff starting from guards, chauffeur, front desk, waiters etc were brilliant. The check-in and check-out experience was excellent. I did not had to wait for a single minute to complete both. The food and room was excellent. The staff had a smiling face & every time we came face to face, they greeted every guest which was just amazing. One of the best qualities the staff displayed was that they anticipated my requirements, even before I had to request it. Example - Child bedding was put in place even before we went in the room after our evening walk. Also, they came to know that we are celebrating our wedding anniversary & they provided us with a complimentary cake, which was very good gesture from Jaypee. One thing I would like them to improve is to get there machines fixed in the leisure mall & provide some more activities in amusement park. All in all it was a pleasure stay & I would definitely come back to Jaypee and recommend to every person visiting Agra.