The Portuguese Visited Silvassa, But Why Won’t You?
Silvassa—located between Gujarat and Maharashtra—is the capital of Dadra And Nagar Haveli that lies an easy 30 kilometres from Daman
Popular among the tourist for its scenic beauty, beaches, wildlife sanctuaries etc., you will find a number of best hotels in Silvassa
This lovely destination also offer facilities for watersports such as boating, canoeing, and water skiing, if a splash thrills you tremendously
Using HolidayIQ makes the task of finding hotels in Silvassa effective with features like price filters, image galleries, and a reviews section
You can not only search Silvassa hotels, but can do online hotel booking in Silvassa using HolidayIQ’s web portal
Moreover, you can compare the hotel prices before you book hotels in Silvassa as it allows you get the best deal that suits your budget
A lovely getaway for different kinds of travellers, booking a hotel in Silvassa creates an unforgettable experience amidst the natural beauty
On HolidayIQ, you can find different types of hotels ranging from budget hotels in Silvassa to 5 star hotels in Silvassa
There are options to have good times with families in the 4 star hotels in Silvassa along with the 3 star hotels in Silvassa
Exploit the facilities on HolidayIQ fully to find the best Silvassa hotel that suits your needs
If you decide to go for cheap hotels in Silvassa, then do a thorough research by going through all the descriptions on HolidayIQ
There are 49 hotels in Silvassa reviewed by actual travellers. The top rated Silvassa hotels are Sangam Hotel, Pearl Resort, Asha Hotel. The lowest available tariff for Silvassa hotels stands at Rs.400 and highest hotels rate is approximately Rs.10000. The cheapest Silvassa hotel deals are available at Rs.650. You can search for Silvassa Hotel
(34) Silvassa Resorts (13) Silvassa Spa (health resort) (1) Silvassa B&B/Guest house/Hostel/Lodge (1).
There are different types of hotels in Silvassa available for families, lovers, kids, friends and specially for newly married couples who are looking for perfect honeymoon destination.
Star Hotels in Silvassa
There are 1 Five Star Hotels in Silvassa and most popular 5 star hotels in Silvassa are Keys Ras Resort There are 11 Three Star Hotels in Silvassa and most popular 3 star hotels in Silvassa are Khanvel Resort, Damanganga Valley Resort, Natraj Hotel, Pioneer Hotel, Himaivan Health Resort, Le Royale Hotel, Dadra Resort, Lords Resorts, Van Vihar Hotel, Hotel Utkarsh.
Hotels in Silvassa by Price
There are 35 Budget hotels in Silvassa which are priced below Rs. 2500. Tariff for hotels in Silvassa starts from 400. Cheap hotels in Silvassa may provide basic amenities like a private bedroom, colour TV, Telephone, AC, 24-hour front desk and housekeeping staff on call. These hotels are affordable and value for money.
There are 6 Luxury hotels in Silvassa which are priced above Rs. 5000. Tariff for Silvassa hotels starts from 5000 and goes to 10000, which is charged by Silvassa luxury hotels. Luxury hotels in Silvassa include premium amenities like bathtubs, jacuzzi, sauna, massage services, swimming pool, fitness centre or gym, bar/lounge, restaurant, Wi-Fi, dry cleaning services, valet parking, banquet hall and conference rooms for business meetings.
I have visited for business purpose. Though I could not enter into the pool the appearance was very good. The bedding was superb and the lighting facility was magnificent. The number of points provided for charging were very sufficient. The staff was very co-operative they were responsive and were available for the service on pone phone call at earliest.
The food of the hotel was one of the feature which I will always remember. This was if I am not mistaken my fifth visit to this resort and the food has been above par at all instances. The soups they offered were unique and whatever be the hurry, their taste stimulated me to take them again. The quality of rotis is a very important aspect I feel. The Khanvel resort has surpassed all parameters in terms of roti quality. It was soft and easily chewable as against many good and reputed hotels.
The sweets, deserts, sabji and kadhi, chaas all were incredible. I enjoyed the weather and the greenery around. I advice the travellers to visit this resort during rainy season and winter. Summers can be a bit difficult to sustain in this region. You just need to go there with an open heart and be receptive of all the facilities they provide. The only drawback I would like to mention is about TV. The channels are very less in number and they need to be improvised. Overall an excellent worth visiting resort which presents a superb horizon of amenities and make your trip memorable.
I have been to this resort previously but this time the experience was terrible. I was travelling with an infant this time around and thinking I have been there and the first experience was good so decided to travel to a known devil than an unknown. The experience was devil of devils.
1) We were booked at this new property they have made opposite the old one. First i went to the front desk of the old property and I was told to check in at the new property. When I went to the reception area of the new one (nothing like a reception area though) there was no one there to attend. Then a lady came and gave me a card to open my room door (on the 4th floor if I remember correctly). Well the card did not work and so I had to go down again to get another key.
2) Rooms were not well cleaned and there were all kind of stuff lying on the sofa by the bed and despite repeated requests no one came for room cleaning. We had asked for a baby cradle which was brought to us at the room but was not clean and had dust inside the cradle.
3) At the time of booking had made a specific request of a room with a balcony as I was travelling with an infant and needed a balcony area for smoking. For that precise reason we booked in the new property as opposed to the lake view room in the old property. Which by the way at the time of booking we had asked for a garden view cottage for which they had confirmed to my wife and later on just said well now its booked so if we could change the dates etc so we settled for this new property.
4) The buggy to travel to and fro between the properties took years to arrive and it was a frustrating experience to wait for the buggy. We had an infant and there were frequent drizzles so could not walk down.
5) Was there for two nights. So on Saturday I went for breakfast leaving the keys at the reception area asking the manager to get the room cleaned before we arrived and it was not done. Again went for lunch asking the manager to get the room cleaned and it was still not done. Where as I could see the room service clean up the other rooms. I guess they were in hurry to get rooms ready for new check ins but what about the guests that are already with you (IGNORE). Eventually after lot of frustration I got mad and promptly the guys come for room cleaning.
6) Checkout - again I was travelling with an infant and wanted to finish check out formalities without spending much time at the reception so about 2-3 hours before called the main reception desk to please keep my bill ready. Obviously they did not care so when I arrived at the desk my bill was not ready. When I got mad and told them why did you not keep it ready when I specifically told you to. I got a reply " sir, usmain kitna time lagega.. Abhi phataphat ho jayega". I was mad but did not want to take it further so waited, mind you with my wife and baby waiting in the car outside. So their assurance of completing the billing on time was out of the window cause then their systems were screwed. So I was being asked to wait for some more time. I was frustrated with all this and so just paid up the settlement amount and told them I don't want the bill.
To sum up the experience was terrible. Staff are not receptive to your feedback and they work with their whims and fancies.
I visited this place with family (self and 2 grown-up boys) over the Easter week-end. The trip from Mumbai took exactly 3 hours; the journey is really smooth - once you take the WE Highway towards Borivli, you just keep driving straight for 3 hours, and there you are at Ras Resorts. The only drawback, if it can be called is as you get close to the place, there are no signboards indicating where the exact place is and you need to keep looking to locate it. It is bang opposite the Daman Ganga Resort on the left, as you come from Mumbai.
We reached there around 1 pm and were immediately checked in with a welcome drink into an excellent room. The executive room is really very spacious and can comfortably accommodate 2 double beds (they have thoughtfully kept a sofa-cum bed which can be converted into a comfortable double bed) and even with this arrangement, the room doesn't look crowded as you would expect it in most places.
The resort is superbly set-up with large areas of plants, trees and lawns. You rarely get to see such greenery anywhere in Mumbai. The overall structure is also very nicely built with accommodation to one side and the rest of the landscape on the other. The best part of the trip was really the food. We stayed there for 3 nights and honestly, in all the meals we had over this period, there was not one instance where we had a reason to complain. You get the food included in the package, if you so choose and believe me, it is more than worth it. The quality and spread of the buffet is really excellent, with veg. As well as non-veg. Dishes well balanced along with the desert.
The pleasure is really doubled with the excellent ambience and the service provided. There is always someone attending to you for anything you need. They have about 3 restaurants, one of which was closed for some reason. The breakfast and evening tea and snacks are in 1 semi-open restaurant amid the greenery, while lunch and dinner are in the other a/c facility.
The other attraction of the resort is its swimming pool. Though it is nothing to gush about being a maximum of 5 ft. deep, it is very well maintained and serves as a good place to dip and relax especially in the hot weather. They also have good showers and provide towels in abundance. Overall, an excellent place to spend a relaxing time over a short break not too far from Mumbai.
We had made a sudden plan to travel to Silvassa and Daman over the long weekend and picked up this place through HolidayIQ itself. It is a budget friendly hotel which suited us very well since we planned to only use the hotel for sleeping once we get back from our sightseeings and explorations.
While the hotel may seem shabby from the outside and was a bit dingy in the corridors, the rooms were spacious and airy. The owner and staff were very helpful and agreed to accommodate extra bedding in the same room so that all of us could stay together.
The food was cheap and very tasty, we polished off everything within minutes. The room service too was pretty quick overall with our tea/coffee orders being delivered within 5-10 minutes itself.
I would definitely consider this hotel again if I ever visit Silvassa again.
Had a very good experience at Khanvel Resorts when we went there in the last week of Feb 2010. We were a family of 4 adults + 1 child and stayed in 2 separate Deluxe rooms. The resort is clean and maintained well. Rooms are spacious enough and can comfortably house a family of 4 (they have a big sofa cum bed in the room). The cottages are also a lovely option and would recommend them. Resort itself is quite big and has a swimming pool, a separate kiddie pool, garden etc.. The kiddie pool is very big and was a big source of enjoyment for my 2 year child. THe buffet spread was also very impressive in variety and food was quite decent in taste. I must say that we were quite happy with the service which was very prompt at all times. The resort had organised programs like games, folk dances, karaoke singing, belly dancing and a DJ nite to keep us entertained. All in all a very happy experience and stay at Khanvel Resorts !
Best Experience: Service is very prompt. They attended to our requests almost immediately whether it was housekeeping, room service or the maintenance dept.
Worst Experience: The A/C was terribly ancient and made noise like a tractor breathing its last......