The Butterfly Park & Insect Kingdom is home to 1,500 live butterflies, belonging to over 50 species. The tropical garden contains an outdoor conservatory and an Insect Revolution exhibit to display the evolutionary history of these creatures.
It is the first of its kind national park to showcase a 70m-long cave housing live insects in their natural habitat. A twice-daily stage show provides knowledge on how to handle giant scorpions, beetles and other insects.
One can reach the park by taking the Sentosa Bus from the World Trade Centre Bus Terminal or Tiong Bahru MRT (Mass Rapid Transit) station in Singapore mainland. From Sentosa, the museum is accessible through a monorail and the Blue or Green Line buses. While travelling by monorail, one needs to alight at Station M4.
Timing: 9 am – 6.30 pm (Daily) Admission Fees: 354.16 INR (Adults)
212.50 INR (Child 3 – 12 years old)
At the Sentosa Islands, I plan to catch the following (other than Universal Studios, of course) based on general public feedback.
- Sentosa CineBlast + Desperados - 2-IN-1
- Megazip (Not too adventurous so avoiding Climbmax, Parajump, Northface)
- Luge & Skyride
- Underwater World and Dolphin Lagoon
- Songs of the Sea
- Animal & Bird Encounters at Palawan Amphitheatre
- Segway Fun Ride (on secure circuit)
- Southernmost point of Continental Asia
For anyone who has covered Sentosa Islands as comprehensively as possible, could you please guide me on a few queries…
1) I have short-listed the following to save time and money. But am I missing anything really worthwhile from the above mentioned rides/shows/attractions?
2) Would I be able to cover all this within one day? Will it he a rush-n-run experience?
3) Do I need to go for advance booking for any of these rides? I plan to visit in Apr-May 2012… is that peak period?
4) What kind of transport is available within Sentosa to go from one attraction point to other? Are they really far-away from each other? Are there any shuttle services and how much would it cost? I don’t have personal transport…
5) What are the best economical pure veg food options within Sentosa?
6) Finally, how much would I compromise on the fun if I take along my 2-yr son, since I guess kids are not allowed on most rides?
Would really appreciate genuine feedback. Thanks in advance.
HolidayIQ.com is a premier holiday information portal powered by India's first & biggest travel community; enabling travellers to first discover numerous vacation choices, then plan holiday trips in full detail and finally, share holiday experiences with millions of other travellers.