The cuisine in Sentosa, similar to Singapore is a medley of traditional Malay, Indonesian, Malaysian, Indian and Middle-Eastern delicacies. One can find affordable food at the VivoCity and HarbourFront Centre. The famous places to enjoy delicacies in Sentosa are VivoCity and beaches like Palawan Beach.
VivoCity is the hub of hawkers and street food is available in abundance at this place. There are Muslim food stalls and a variety of local cuisine at this place. Restaurants at the Larkhill Road, Resorts World and Siloso Beach are famous for their seafood.
The popular delicacies in Sentosa include duck curry with pineapple & longan, Mediterranean & Chinese seafood dishes & grills, spaghetti with sea urchin and seabass with porcini.
Other popular sea food delicacies in Sentosa are cuttlefish risotto, chardonnay poached Canadian lobster and char-grilled marlin. Some of the restaurants located at Mount Imbiah also offer Japanese haute delicacies.
Restaurants located at the beaches provide music, beer, cocktails and seafood delicacies. The mainland side of Sentosa Bridge has many nightspots and restaurants.
At the Sentosa Islands, I plan to catch the following (other than Universal Studios, of course) based on general public feedback.
- Sentosa CineBlast + Desperados - 2-IN-1
- Megazip (Not too adventurous so avoiding Climbmax, Parajump, Northface)
- Luge & Skyride
- Underwater World and Dolphin Lagoon
- Songs of the Sea
- Animal & Bird Encounters at Palawan Amphitheatre
- Segway Fun Ride (on secure circuit)
- Southernmost point of Continental Asia
For anyone who has covered Sentosa Islands as comprehensively as possible, could you please guide me on a few queries…
1) I have short-listed the following to save time and money. But am I missing anything really worthwhile from the above mentioned rides/shows/attractions?
2) Would I be able to cover all this within one day? Will it he a rush-n-run experience?
3) Do I need to go for advance booking for any of these rides? I plan to visit in Apr-May 2012… is that peak period?
4) What kind of transport is available within Sentosa to go from one attraction point to other? Are they really far-away from each other? Are there any shuttle services and how much would it cost? I don’t have personal transport…
5) What are the best economical pure veg food options within Sentosa?
6) Finally, how much would I compromise on the fun if I take along my 2-yr son, since I guess kids are not allowed on most rides?
Would really appreciate genuine feedback. Thanks in advance.
HolidayIQ.com is a premier holiday information portal powered by India's first & biggest travel community; enabling travellers to first discover numerous vacation choices, then plan holiday trips in full detail and finally, share holiday experiences with millions of other travellers.