What is PNR?
Passenger Name Reservation, also known as PNR, is a unique number assigned to every ticket. The PNR status can be checked online or through mobile. Passengers check their PNR status to check whether their waitlisted, RAC tickets are confirmed before the reservation chart is prepared.
Where to look for PNR?
On a paper ticket issued in a railway booking counter or IRCTC i-ticket, the PNR number is on the top left of the ticket. The number is usually split into 3-7 (e.g. 422-1234567). On an IRCTC e-ticket, this comes as a message alert to your mobile and is also found in the top left box of the first table in your ticket.
Check PNR status on Mobile
- SMS: PNR <10-digit PNR Number> to 54959. For example PNR 4221234567
- SMS: PNR <10-digit PNR Number> to 139
- SMS: PNR <10-digit PNR number> to 5676747
- SMS: IRPNR <10-digit PNR Number> to 57886
- Phone: Dial 139 for PNR enquiry, arrival departure of trains, fares, accommodation and availability
By Rahul Kumar