One of the biggest concerns of travellers is the availability of seats on trains. Especially during peak holiday season and festivals, it is difficult to find seats on many trains. Unlike earlier when travellers had to visit railway stations to know if seats are available, now they can check the seat availability status easily online.
Steps to check seat availability
Indian railways seat availability can be checked in the following ways.
- Go to http://www.indianrail.gov.in or http://www.irctc.co.in
- Enter the source city and destination name.
- Enter the date of your journey.
- Choose from your choice of class. If you have no particular preference, you can also choose a box that says 'My classes are flexible'.
- The above details will give you a list of trains and their seat availability.
Once a particular train is selected, which has seats available, passengers can go online and book a train ticket accordingly.By Rahul Kumar