Tatkal tickets are meant for an instant travel plan with time being a constraint, which makes this kind of booking one in high demand. You can either book at counters or can book online through travel agents. Tatkal ticket booking is not available for first AC class and second seating class.
Tatkal Ticket Booking Charges
Tatkal charges are fixed at 10% of basic fare for second class and 30% of the basic fare for all other classes subjected to a minimum and maximum rate. These charges are the same at peak and non-peak seasons.
Tatkal Ticket Booking Timings
Tatkal Ticket Booking can be done from 10 am onwards one the day prior to the date of journey.
IRCTC Login Page
Click here to login on IRCTC Website - https://www.irctc.co.in/
Documents required for Tatkal Ticket Booking
A Tatkal ticket will only be issued on production of identity proof of traveller. A self attested photocopy of the id proof has to be attached to the requisition slip and submitted. The details of the identity proof will be captured by the system and specified on the reserved ticket and reservation chart. Although it’s not mandatory for the passenger to personally go to the counter and book Tatkal tickets, it is compulsory that the traveller carries his/her original id proof, the same that had been indicated on the ticket. In case the concerned original identity proof cannot be produced, all passengers book on the same ticket will be treated as travelling without a ticket and charged accordingly.
Issue of duplicate Tatkal ticket
A duplicate Tatkal ticket is not issued unless it is an exceptional case, only on payment of complete fare included Tatkal charges.
Tatkal Ticket Refund Rule
Refund is not granted on cancellation of confirmed Tatkal tickets or duplicate Tatkal tickets although there are exceptions. These are:
1) If the train is delayed by 3 hours or more at the journey starting point.
2) If the train has to run on a different route and passenger does not want to travel.
3) If train has to run on a diverted route and boarding or destination stations or both don’t fall on the diverted route.
4) In case, coach number mentioned on the passenger’s ticket is not attached and passenger has not been provided with a seat in a coach of the same class.
5) If passenger has been accommodated in lower class and is not willing to travel. In case passenger travels in lower class, he/she will be refunded the difference of fare and also Tatkal charges.
In case of contingent cancellation and waitlisted Tatkal ticket cancellations, charges will be deducted according to existing Railway rules. Partial cancellation of Tatkal e-tickets is allowed but at least one of the passengers whose id card is printed on ERS/VRM should travel or else all passengers on that ticket are cancelled.
By Rahul Kumar