Booking railway tickets has become much simpler ever since the Indian Railways allowed the booking of train tickets on the internet. Booking an e-ticket online saves a lot of time and offers the convenience of booking tickets at any time.
Once the rail e-ticket is booked, passengers are required to print it or save a copy of the final page with the details. They are also required to provide an identity proof (with photo) such as driving license, voter ID card, pan card, passport, and ration card.
Book railway ticket online:
To book train tickets online. You can follow the following steps -
- Visit the IRCTC website
- Log in by entering your username and password.
- Enter the destination, train route & passenger details
- Select the payment option on the page
- After the payment procedure is complete, take a print out of the final page with all the details
Booking railway ticket through mobile:
- Log on to the IRCTC app or IRCTC website with your IRCTC password and your user ID
- Click on the Book Ticket button to fill up the details to plan your travel
- Select the train and continue the online train ticket booking
- Use existing passenger list or add passengers
- Confirm train ticket booking details and pay through Credit/debit card to get successful booking
The E-ticket is sent to your mail ID and the details of the ticket are sent via message to your registered mobile number. The E-ticket can be produced to the TC at the time of ticket checking with a valid ID card. With the online booking system, travellers can book the train ticket for their desired date and time by easily checking the IRCTC ticket availability.
Tatkal tickets can also be booked one day before the start of the journey at 10 AM. The tickets usually get fully booked within minutes for tatkal due to its huge demand. This system of booking tickets offers great convenience to last minute travellers. Tatkal railway ticket booking is available for all trains like trains from New Delhi to Vaishno Devi, Duronto express trains and many more.