Booking railway tickets has become easier since Indian Railways now allows booking of train tickets online. The e-ticket usually contains all the information about the boarding point, reservation point, time of departure, date of departure and arrival time also. Booking an e-ticket online saves a lot of time.
Once the rail e-ticket is booked, passengers are required to print it or save a copy of the final page with your details. They are also required to give an identity proof (with photo) such as driving license, voter id card, pan card, passport, ration card.
Book railway ticket online:
- Login by entering your user name and password..
- Enter the destination, train route & passenger details
- Select the payment option on the page
- After the payment procedure is complete, take a print out of the final page with all the details.
Booking Railway Ticket through mobile:
- Login to URL irctc.co.in/mobile with your existing IRCTC user id and password.
- Click on Book Ticket and fill in details for plan my travel.
- Select the train and continue the booking.
- Use existing passenger list or add passengers.
- Confirm booking details and pay through Credit/debit card to get successful booking.
By Rahul Kumar