Passengers can now know the exact status of their train, the arrival and departure time, its running status, coach position and exact location. For train enquiry, passengers need to know either the train number, train name, from and to station names/codes or the intermediate station name. Getting the national train enquiry is extremely simple now. One can also get information for on the go train enquiry.
To know train status - IRCTC Train Enquiry
- Go to the IRCTC website
- Enter either the train number, name, from and to station/code
- Once you have a few options before you choose the train you need details about
- This will give you information on the start date of the source city/destination
- Current status of the train
- Status of the train (whether it is on time or delayed)
- Expected time of arrival or departure
- Save your train enquiry number for further details (If provided).
Live railway train enquiry details:
It is also possible for one to know about the Indian railways info train enquiry with the help of the site. One can also get their queries on the train enquiry on mobile. With the new system, getting information on your mobile makes it so much easier to know if your train is booked.
Options for Indian Railway/IRCTC train enquiry
Unlike in the past when there was just one way for checking PNR status, train times or reservation enquiry, today, there are various ways to make an Indian railway train enquiry.
- Dial 139, a centralised toll free number to make enquiries
- Go online on irctc.co.in or indianrail.gov.in to know the status of your train, check PNR status or check seat availability
- Indian railway has released applications for smartphones and tablets. They can also be used
- An SMS can also give details of your PNR status, arrival and departure of train, train schedule and time table
- SMS PNR <10 digit PNR number> to 54959
- For ticket availability SMS TRNAV to 54959
- For trains between two stations, SMS TRNBT to 54959
- For train schedule, SMS TRNSH to 54959
- To get train schedule using train number, SMS TRNSH to 54959