Passengers can now know the exact status of their train, the arrival and departure time, its running status, coach position and exact location. For train enquiry, passengers need to know either the train number, train name, from and to station names/codes or the intermediate station name.
To know train status - IRCTC Train Enquiry
- Go to the IRCTC website
- Enter either the train number, name, from and to station/code
- Once you have a few options before you, choose the train you need details about
- This will give you information on the start date of the source city/destination
- Stops the train will halt at
- Current status of the train
- Status of the train (whether it is on time or delayed)
- Expected time of arrival or departure
Options for Indian Railway/IRCTC train enquiry
Unlike in the past when there was just one way for checking PNR status, train times or reservation enquiry, today, there are various ways to make a train enquiry.
- Dial 139, a centralized toll free number to make enquiries.
- Go online on irctc.co.in or indianrail.gov.in to know the status of your train, check PNR status or check seat availability.
- Indian railway has released applications for smartphones and tablets. They can also be used.
- An SMS can also give details of your PNR status, arrival and departure of train, train schedule and time table.
- SMS PNR <10 digit PNR number> to 54959
For ticket availability Sms TRNAV
- For trains between two stations, sms TRNBT
For train schedule, Sms TRNSH
To get train schedule using train number, Sms TRNSH
By Rahul Kumar