Chandigarh, a Union Territory in India serves as the capital city of two states – Punjab and Haryana. Often considered to be India’s first planned city, Chandigarh is known as a well-planned architectural and urban city. The city derives its name from the two words Chandi and Garh which mean ‘the fort of Chandi’. The name links to an ancient temple devoted to Goddess Chandi, which was located in the area adjoining the city at the time. CCR/ Chandigarh Capital Region includes Panchkula, Mohali and Zirakpur. The CCR was earlier known as Tricity, but with newer cities getting added, it is now known as the Chandigarh Capital Region.Centred in the foothills of the Shivalik mountain range, Chandigarh is located in the north-west part of India. Nicknamed as the ‘City Beautiful’, the master plan on which the city is constructed was devised by the French architect Le Corbuiser. The architecture and planned design gave the city a unique look. Chandigarh’s...
More about Chandigarh ›
Useful Links for Chandigarh
Articles and Blogs
- Chandigarh History - Chandigarh history that will give you useful piece of information on the origin of Chandigarh. A search for a Capital led to the founding of Chandigarh.
- Chandigarh Blog - Chandigarh has been called the city of gardens. Chandigarh was designed by Le Corbusier & the city is the symbol of modern India.
- Chandigarh Administration - Chandigarh Administration Government portal covering diverse topics including health, tourism, culture, climate, Tenders and e-Governance.
- Chandigarh Tourism - Chandigarh Tourism Government portal - Official website of Dept. of Tourism, covers Chandigarh Entry formalities, Places of Interest in Chandigarh, Lists of Tourist Guides in Chandigarh and Tourism in Chandigarh.
Other Useful Links
- Rock Garden - Nek Chand created the magnificent Rock Garden in Chandigarh. Nek Chand worked under cover of darkness for eighteen years to create the Rock Garden in Chandigarh.
- Directory of official Chandigarh sites - Chandigarh Government Web directory of Health, Chandigarh Tourism, Education, Finance, Banking, Judiciary and Executive.