coverImage

Gurudwara Nanaksar Sahib

Moga

Gurudwara Nanaksar Sahib Overview

Ranked 2 of 6 sightseeing in Moga

Gurudwara Nanaksar Sahib is situated in the Takhtupura village. It was sanctified by the visits of various Sikh Gurus, such as Guru Gobind Singh, Guru Nanak Dev and Guru Hargobind Singh. Located in the centre is the beautiful Nanaksar Sarovar that has shrines devoted to each Guru.  

The Gurudwara Sahib Patshahi Pehli on the banks of this sacred pond commemorates visit of Guru Nanak Dev. It is believed that the shrine was constructed in the old mud hut that provided shelter to Guru and his companions, namely Bhai Mardana and Bhai Bala. Sant Darbara Singh of Lapon constructed the main shrine in honour of Guru Nanak Dev. The Gurudwara is a six-storeyed structure and has a huge marble floored hall.

The Gurudwara Sahib Patshahi Chhevin was constructed at the site where Guru Hargobind Singh stayed when he arrived at the village after winning the battle of Mehraj. Commemorating his victory at Mehraj in 1634, Sant Sunder Singh Bhindrawale constructed the present structure of the Gurudwara in 1921.

The Gurudwara Sahib Patshahi Dasvin is situated on the eastern side of the Nanaksar Sarovar. It was built to commemorate the visit of Guru Gobind Singh in December 1705. It is believed that the Guru took bath in the sarovar. Sant Darbara Singh of Lapon constructed this structure in 1962.

The Prakash Divas of Guru Gobind Singh, Guru Nanak Dev and Guru Hargobind Singh are celebrated in grand style at the Gurudwara. The Shahidi Divas of Guru Arjan Dev and an annual Jor Mela is also held here.
 

Planning Moga trip?

Know cost before you go!

Timing, fees and more

info

Other Details

Famous for:
Places of Worship
Entry:
free