South India Delight Package
This 6 night 7 day tour package to Bangalore, Mysore, Ooty and Kodaikanal is offered by Cox & Kings - Duniya Dekho. This holiday package is preferred by people with interest in Hills, Monsoon and Temple Visits. It is one of the cheapest packages to Kodaikanal, with cost starting from Rs 24,299 per person.
In this package, you will be spending 1 nights in Bangalore, 1 nights in Mysore, 2 nights in Ooty and 2 nights in Kodaikanal. At Bangalore, the accommodation is organized at 3 Star or similar, Standard. At Mysore, the accommodation is organized at 3 Star or similar, Standard. At Ooty, the accommodation is organized at 3 Star or similar, Standard. At Kodaikanal, the accommodation is organized at 3 Star or similar, Standard.
In this travel package, daily breakfast will be provided at the hotel. Transfers are included in the package.
Bangalore 1 Nights
Mysore 1 Nights
Ooty 2 Nights
Kodaikanal 2 Nights
Package Detailed Itinerary
Day 1 : Arrive Bengaluru On to Mysore▪ Day01 Arrive Bengaluru *On to Mysore (143 kms / approx. 3 hour drive)
▪ Welcome to your 'South India Delight' tour! On arrival at the airport / railway station in Bengaluru, you will be met and
▪ transferred to your hotel,en route, visit Srirangapatna - the capital of Hyder Ali and his son Tipu Sultan. On arrival, check in to
▪ your hotel in Mysore.
▪ In the evening, visit the Brindavan Gardens. The Vrindavan gardens are the most sought after locations for experiencing
▪ nature's beauty first hand. These gardens have been featured in numerous Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada and Malayalam films.
▪ Indigenous and exotic species of plant varieties are found here.
▪ Overnight in Mysore
▪ None (Meals on your own).
Day 2 : In Mysore▪ Day02 In Mysore
▪ This morning, proceed on an excursion to visit Chennakeshava Temple - one of the best-preserved Hoysala temple at
▪ Somnathpur. The Hoysala temple is unique in its style and presentation and is devoted to Prasanna Chennakeshava. The
▪ temple was constructed in the 12th-13th centuries by the Hoysala rulers and their officials. It is lavishly adorned with sculpture.
▪ The sculptures probably cover each and every inch of the wall space. This particular style of intensely packed sculptural
▪ scheme is the characteristic exclusive to the Hoysala art.
▪ In the afternoon, visit the famous Mysore Palace, which is a historical monument located in the city of Mysore in Karnataka,
▪ facing the Chamundi Hills eastwards. It was the authorized residence and seat of the Maharajas of Mysore who ruled the region
▪ between the 14th and the 20th century. Mysore Palace houses a number of hidden tunnels leading from the cellar to other
▪ palaces and confidential areas in Srirangapatna. The palace is a three-stone structure with marble domes. Its entrance displays
▪ the emblem and coat of arms of the Mysore Kingdom. It is the venue for the famous Mysore Dasara Festival held every year on
▪ the day of Vijaya Dashmi, featuring stage performances by leading artists and elephant parades.
▪ Overnight in Mysore (B)
Day 3 : On to Ooty▪ Day03 On to Ooty (170 kms / approx. 4 hour drive)
▪ Today, your picturesque journey continues into the blue Nilgiri Hills as you drive the steep hills covered with lush green tea and
▪ coffee plantations to Ooty. En route visit the Chamunda Temple on the hill in the outskirts of Mysore.
▪ Named after the Goddess Chamunda, the Chamundi hills are a prestigious landmark in the city of Mysore. Earlier known as
▪ Mahabalachala, the hill was renamed as the Chamundi hills in respect for the Goddess Chamunda. Legend has it that the
▪ Goddess had slain the demon Mahishasur.. The temple has a very beautiful idol of the goddess wearing a garland of skulls. On
▪ arrival, check in to your hotel.
▪ The rest of the day is at leisure Or one can opt to enjoy a walking tour of this beautiful hill station.
▪ Overnight in Ooty (B)
Day 4 : In Ooty Excursion to Coonoor▪ Day04 In Ooty * Excursion to Coonoor (35 kms / approx. 1 hour drive)
▪ This morning, enjoy a tour of the 'Queen of the Blue Mountains', that includes a visit to Doddabetta Peak for a spectacular view.
▪ The Dodabetta Peak is situated merely 10 km away from Ooty. Doddabetta Peak stands at an altitude of 2,623 meters and is
▪ said to be one of the highest peaks in South India and one of the famous tourist spots in India.
▪ Later, drive to Coonoor and visit Sim's Park and Dolphin's Nose Point. Situated at a height of 1780 m above sea level Sim's
▪ Park has a collection of over 1,000 plant species that includes magnolia, pines, tree ferns, and camellia. Dolphin's nose is
▪ located 10 km away from Coonoor. The protruding rock formation looks exactly like the nose of a dolphin hence the name.
▪ Dolphin's nose is a great vantage point that offers a panoramic view of the surrounding areas.
▪ Drive back to Ooty to visit the Botanical Garden and the popular Ooty Lake.
▪ One of the famous attraction of Ooty is the Botanical Garden. This garden was laid out in 1897 by the Marquis of Tweedale.
▪ Presently this garden is under the maintenance of Horticulture Department of Tamilnadu. The garden features thousands of
▪ species of plants, shrubs, ferns, trees, herbal plants etc (Entry to Botanical Garden will be on direct payment basis).
▪ The Ooty Lake is artificial lake is situated in the heart of the city making it an ideal place for families visit. Boating is the major
▪ attraction of the lake which is available at the Boat House adjoining the lake (Boating will be on direct payment basis).
▪ The rest of the day is at leisure to explore the city . Overnight in Ooty (B)
Day 5 : On to Kodaikanal▪ Day05 On to Kodaikanal (260 kms / approx. 6 and half hour drive)
▪ Today, your picturesque journey continues through the Palani Hills to another scenic hill-station- Kodaikanal. On arrival, check
▪ in to your hotel.
▪ The rest of the day is at leisure.
▪ Overnight in Kodaikanal (B)
Day 6 : In Kodaikanal▪ Day06 In Kodaikanal
▪ Today, enjoy sightseeing tour of Kodaikanal visiting the Pillar Rocks, Coaker's Walk and the magnificent Bear Shola Falls.
▪ The Pillar rocks are three granite boulders which are seen standing vertically shoulder to shoulder and is now a very famous
▪ tourist spot for many visitors.
▪ The Bear Shola falls is another favorite tourist spot in Kodaikanal and it is called so, because in earlier days bears used to
▪ come and drink water from this fall.
▪ Coacker's Walk provides very picturesque view of the plains as well as scenic valleys that is sure to bring joy in the minds of
▪ the visitors. Coaker's walk is named after Lt. Coaker, who prepared the map of Kodaikanal.
▪ In the afternoon, spend some time in Bryant Park- one of the most colourful attractions of Kodaikanal. The park was established
▪ by a British forest officer by the name H. D. in the year 1908. Bryant Park, seen on the eastern side of the lake, is a mini
▪ botanical garden spread across 20 acres of area. The glasshouse in the park contains wide varieties of flowers, ferns and other
▪ ornamental plants.
▪ Overnight in Kodaikanal (B)
Day 7 : Depart Kodaikanal▪ Day07 Depart Kodaikanal
▪ Today, bid farewell to your 'South India Delight' tour as you are transferred from hotel in Kodaikanal to the airport / railway
▪ station in Coimbatore for your onward journey.
|3 Star or similar, Standard||Bangalore||1 Night(s)|
|3 Star or similar, Standard||Mysore||1 Night(s)|
|3 Star or similar, Standard||Ooty||2 Night(s)|
|3 Star or similar, Standard||Kodaikanal||2 Night(s)|
▪ Accommodation on twin share basis in above mentioned or similar hotels.
▪ Transportation - By air-conditioned Indigo (02 -03 adults) or air-conditioned Innova (04 adults) or Tempo Traveller (06-10 adults) or
▪ similar (Economy, Standard and Deluxe) as per the itinerary. The vehicle is not at disposal. By air-conditioned Innova for
▪ premium package or Tempo Traveler for (06-10 adults) as per the itinerary. The vehicle is not at disposal.
▪ Please Note - AC will work only in the plains and will be switched-off during hill drives.
▪ Meals - Daily buffet breakfast as per the itinerary. Premium category includes Dinner as well.
▪ Audio compass app is free installations on your smart-phone
▪ Travel Insurance.
▪ All currently applicable taxes i.e. Hotel tax and Transportation tax.
▪ Any transport to Bengaluru / from Coimbatore. Your tour price starts Ex Bengaluru.
▪ Air, Train or Bus fare from / to your originating city of stay, unless specified.
▪ Any meals / en route meals unless specified.
▪ Items of personal nature viz, tips, porterage, room service, laundry, mineral water, alcoholic or non alcoholic beverages, phone
▪ calls, additional sightseeing tours and excursions not included in the itinerary, still or video camera fees etc.
▪ Any rides, safaris, boating charges, additional sightseeing tours other than the mentioned under inclusions.
▪ Any increase in fuel cost, government taxes, entrance fees, intra and interstate taxes etc, the tour price will be amended in
▪ Entrance fees and guide charges, unless specified under inclusions.
▪ Any items / services not specifically mentioned in the 'Tour Price Includes' column.
▪ Supplement charges applicable for long weekends and festivals.
▪ 4.50 % Govt. Service Tax.
An ancient city which is believed to have existed from the time of Emperor Ashoka’s rule, Mysore has grown into one of the biggest cities in Karnataka. From the 10th century onwards there is documented evidence of the role played by this city in various historical events. It became the headquarters of the Wodeyar dynasty in 1584 AD, and since then there has been no turning back
▪ Notes :
▪ Cox and Kings Terms and conditions apply.
▪ Arrival into Bengaluru and departure from Coimbatore would be on your own arrangements.
▪ Please contact our sales staff to give you best flight deals.
▪ Do carry comfortable walking shoes.
▪ All sightseeing is subject to weather conditions, political conditions in the destination.
▪ 15 December 2016 to 10 January 2017 Premium category will on request basis.
▪ All the prices are for Indian nationals only, unless specified.
▪ The hotel confirmed will be as per the brochure or an alternate hotel of similar category will be provided.
▪ Travel Insurance, included in our package cost is valid for age group up to 80 years only. For age group
▪ beyond 80 years, rules, terms and conditions of the Insurance Company will apply. The same needs to
▪ be checked on case to case basis with the Insurance Company.
▪ It is mandatory to carry a valid photo identity card (Passport / Driving License / Voter ID card).
Terms & Conditions
1.HolidayIQ is only a information platform for holidays/packages. We are not a Supplier or Travel Agent for the packages shown on our platform.
2.Suppliers or Travel Agents who own the packages hold all the rights to booking the package.
3.All grievances related to packages shown here need to be taken up with the Supplier or Travel Agent directly.