Hotels near me
Over 124,000 hotels, resorts, homestays, heritage villas, camps and lot more...
The Elgin Nor-Khill
Paljore Stadium Rd, Gangtok, Sikkim 737101
Tariff ₹13464 onwards
Ranked 21 of 367 Heritage Hotels in India(382 Traveller Ratings)
Nilambag Palace Hotel
Tariff ₹3509 onwards
Ranked 22 of 367 Heritage Hotels in India(95 Traveller Ratings)
Kolayat Gajner Bikaner
Tariff ₹6000 onwards
Ranked 23 of 367 Heritage Hotels in India(46 Traveller Ratings)
Ranthambhore Road, Village Khilchipur, Sawai Madhopur, Rajasthan 322001
Tariff ₹8000 onwards
Ranked 24 of 367 Heritage Hotels in India(40 Traveller Ratings)
Khirasara Heritage Palace
Kalawad Road, Nr. Metoda G.I.D.C., At : Khirsara (Ranmalji)
Tariff ₹8335 onwards
Ranked 25 of 367 Heritage Hotels in India(164 Traveller Ratings)
Hadapsar Saswad Road, Jadhavwadi, Pune, Maharashtra 412301
Tariff ₹9603 onwards
Ranked 26 of 367 Heritage Hotels in India(298 Traveller Ratings)
Hari Niwas Palace Hotel
The Palace, Jammu
Tariff ₹1716 onwards
Ranked 27 of 367 Heritage Hotels in India(122 Traveller Ratings)
WelcomHeritage Khimsar Fort
PO Khimsar Nagaur
Tariff ₹11154 onwards
Ranked 28 of 367 Heritage Hotels in India(40 Traveller Ratings)
Welcomheritage Fernhills Royal Palace
Tariff ₹11407 onwards
Ranked 29 of 367 Heritage Hotels in India(79 Traveller Ratings)
11, A.R.Street, S.A.R.M. House ,Siva gangai dist., Kanadukathan, Tamil Nadu 630103
Tariff ₹6000 onwards
Ranked 30 of 367 Heritage Hotels in India(25 Traveller Ratings)
Hospedaria Abrigo De Botelho
Rua De Natal, Fontainhas,, Panaji, Goa, Goa 403001
Tariff ₹3153 onwards
Ranked 31 of 367 Heritage Hotels in India(15 Traveller Ratings)
Burja Haveli Hotel
Rajgarh Road, 7th Mile Stone, Alwar, Rajasthan 301001
Tariff ₹3077 onwards
Ranked 32 of 367 Heritage Hotels in India(63 Traveller Ratings)
18, H.D Lama Road, Darjeeling, West Bengal 734101
Tariff ₹10000 onwards
Ranked 33 of 367 Heritage Hotels in India(297 Traveller Ratings)
Royal Orchid Brindavan Garden Palace & Spa
Brindavan Garden Krishna Raja Sagar Mandya District
Tariff ₹6356 onwards
Ranked 34 of 367 Heritage Hotels in India(409 Traveller Ratings)
Tata Coffee Ltd Polibetta
Tariff ₹5902 onwards
Ranked 35 of 367 Heritage Hotels in India(107 Traveller Ratings)
Bellar Rd, Fort Kochi, Kochi, Kerala 682001
Tariff ₹1898 onwards
Ranked 36 of 367 Heritage Hotels in India(37 Traveller Ratings)
Holm Farm Heritage
Dist Almora, Ranikhet, Uttarakhand 263645
Tariff ₹3922 onwards
Ranked 37 of 367 Heritage Hotels in India(69 Traveller Ratings)
Sea Beach Road Near Swargadwar Puri
Tariff ₹4402 onwards
Ranked 38 of 367 Heritage Hotels in India(341 Traveller Ratings)
WelcomHeritage Maharani Bagh Orchard
Near Ranakpur Temples, Ranakpur, Rajasthan 306702
Tariff ₹7200 onwards
Ranked 39 of 367 Heritage Hotels in India(50 Traveller Ratings)
Malji Ka Kamra
Near Jain Market, Station Road,
Tariff ₹4924 onwards
Ranked 40 of 367 Heritage Hotels in India(19 Traveller Ratings)
India has a rich history filled with tales of the reign and glory of different dynasties of kings and queens who owned luxurious palaces and summer homes all across the country. With the introduction of the democratic rule, these palaces and summer homes have now been converted into 5-star hotels or heritage hotels and resorts, which promise modern luxury with a lure of the elegant old. These heritage hotels have given a new dimension to the tourism sector in India.
Here are a few of the best Indian heritage hotels which promise to offer you accommodation with the highest royal order:
- Taj Lake Palace, Udaipur: There are many Heritage hotels in Udaipur but Taj Lake Palace stands out because of its exquisiteness. The white marble palace is set against the backdrop of the Aravalli Mountain ranges on one side and towering palace towers on the other. This heritage resort is certainly an ethereal vision, floating on the glistening waters of the lake which welcomes its guest with a royal treatment in the laps of extravagant luxury making it a much sought-after heritage resort to enjoy holidays.
- Rambagh Palace, Jaipur: When it comes to heritage hotels in Jaipur will instantly pop into your mind because of its rich history of royal presence. The palace was used as a place of residence by the Maharaja of Jaipur and was later converted into a luxury hotel. It was only in 1972, that the Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces took over the Palace. The heritage hotels in Rajasthan boast of a variety of facilities that are bound to make you feel like royalty. Apart from these luxurious hotels, the fort hotels in Jaipur are a pleasure to stay in and are great weekend getaways near Delhi. The ITC Rajputana Hotel is conceptualized inside the Nahargarh Fort and is a treat to stay in to make your holidays memorable. So, if you’re looking for heritage or fort hotels, Rajasthan is your best bet.
- Coconut Lagoon Resort, Kerala: Situated in the Eastern part of the Lake Vembanad, Coconut Resort is an ideal destination for honeymooners. Surrounded by lush green vegetation, it is arguably one of the best luxury honeymoon hotels in South India. The heritage bungalows are furnished with every modern comfort any honeymooner can dream of. The lush greenery coupled with the dreamy lake waters makes the Coconut Lagoon Resort a honeymooner’s paradise.
- Oberoi Grand, Kolkata: The Oberoi Grand is one of the most elegant and charming heritage hotels in Kolkata, one can boast about. The white mansion, which is more than a century old, is a visual treat. The heritage hotel is rightly called the Grand Dame of Kolkata. The British chiefly influence the architecture and it has an external appearance that is very English. Like most of the best hotels in India, the Oberoi Grand also promises the best facilities available and to treat you to a stay you will not forget.
- Hari Niwas Palace Hotel, Jammu & Kashmir: The exotic Hari Niwas Palace was once a royal residence. It was restored and given out as a heritage resort only in 1990. The property, on which the stately heritage hotel stands, overlooks the enticing lush green mountains of Jammu and Kashmir. This heritage resort offers all the pampering any heritage resort would offer along with a chance to immerse yourself in the local culture of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Hotel Samode Palace, Rajasthan: Built around 400 years ago, this historic resort is a wonderful example of the royal Rajput-Mughal architecture. The heritage property sprawls lavishly across a wide area and promises the most luxurious stay to all its guests. The palace was converted into a heritage hotel by the Samode family themselves. Travellers here can enjoy the accommodation in a tented camp. Everything about the palace is regal and romantic which makes it a favourite honeymoon destination for the wealthy section of newlyweds.
- Oberoi Windflower Hall, Shimla: The Windflower Hall was originally built to serve as a country escape for the British viceroys and top-ranking British officials. Renovation of this sprawling property began in the 1990s and slowly it got converted into the luxurious heritage resort. The entire resort overlooks the fresh lush scenery of Shimla and is a luxurious and expensive treat for all the senses. The grandeur of this heritage resort can be seen from quite a distance while you approach the property. The hotel is a great option for weekend getaway from Delhi.
- Ahilya Fort, Madhya Pradesh: Ahilya Fort, about 250 years old, is a grand heritage fort resort situated in Maheshwar, overlooking the River Narmada. This historic fort used to be the residence of the celebrated woman rulers of this country. The property is perched cosily up on a hill and offers a breath-taking view of the Ghats below. This fort heritage resort is especially alluring because of its colonial architecture. The stone walkways, courtyards and verandas will transport you to a whole new magical world. Ahilya Fort offers you an experience you will not forget because everything, right from the architecture to the furniture in every room.
- Neemrana Fort-Palace, Rajasthan: Neemrana Fort located in Delhi-Jaipur Highway, is situated in Aravalli ranges in Alwar and is one of India’s oldest heritage resorts which maintains the history left behind the great rulers. Being one of the best heritage hotels in Alwar, it is a good option to stay during weekend breaks near Delhi. The hotel has three conference halls and business travellers can have their group meetings here. The convenient location of the hotel offers easy access to many tourist attractions in Alwar.
- Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jodhpur: Perchedon the highest point, Umaid Bhawan is one of the heritage hotels in Jodhpur with budget hotel tariff, that provides a friendly atmosphere and cosy stay for visitors seeking a relaxing and peaceful retreat. This yellow sandstone palace is one of the largest private accommodations in the world. The hotel has beautifully carved balconies, open terraces, appealing courtyards and comfortable rooms and suites. Umaid Bhawan also has one of the finest restaurants in Jodhpur with vast breakfast feasts for its guests.
Heritage hotels in India offer such a large variety that one will be spoilt for choice. To enjoy lavishness within, these hotels are the good places to stay. The beautiful blend of eastern and western architecture of these properties makes them ideal to be converted into luxury hotels, inns and resorts.
Hotel bookings have now become easier with the availability of numerous options to book online, whether you are looking for a cheap or luxury stay. The best heritage hotels have their own websites where all the information including their contact number is available. You can also check for online packages which include hotel bookings, activities and food. Advanced booking ensures that you get the hotels on best rates with great deals and discounts. However, before booking these hotels, you can check reviews and ratings provided by the users who have already visited there.