The VISA ON ARRIVAL allows Indian passport holders to enter Thailand under this rule provided that they meet these requirements:
- The visit is strictly for tourism purposes.
- The passport must be genuine and should be valid for at least 30 days.
- You must have a valid address in Thailand whether a hotel or apartment that can be verified.
You must have a confirmed return ticket to show that they are flying out of Thailand within 30 or 15 days of entry, as appropriate. Open tickets do not qualify. Travelling overland out of Thailand by train, bus, etc to Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia (including en route to Singapore), Myanmar, etc is not accepted as proof of exiting Thailand.
You may be asked to show your flight ticket on entering Thailand. If you do not possess a flight ticket to show you will be exiting Thailand within 30 or 15 days of entry you will be most likely to be refused entry.
- It will also be necessary to prove that you have funds of at least 10,000 THB per person and 20,000 THB per family during your stay in Thailand.
- A fee of 1,000 THB is payable upon entry and is subject to change without notice. It must be paid in cash and Thai currency only.
However, persons who are not eligible to enter Thailand under the Visa on Arrival are advised to obtain visas with the Royal Thai Embassy prior to their visit.
Visa Photo Guide
- Two recent (not older than 3 months) color photographs taken against a white (clothes color should be different from background) so that your features are clearly distinguishable.
- A person who always wears white for religious purpose, the photographs can be taken against a light blue background.
- Photo which applicant’s face and eyes are not in direct position to the camera.
- Photo with background color different from the above mentioned.
- Photo which is obviously cut or crop from other photo.
- Photo with teeth visible.
- Photo with face visible less than 70-80%.
The photographs should be clear and of good quality, and should be printed on normal photographic paper. Please note that photographs that do not meet these specifications may not be accepted.
- Photo which the border between applicant’s body and background is unclear no matter what reason (scanning, printer, etc.)
- Photo which is printed by printer which generates dots or lines on the paper and make photo bad quality.
- Your full face should be visible. The photograph should be taken without sunglasses and without a hat or any other head covering, unless you wear such an item because of your religious beliefs or ethnic background.
Kindly Note: -The Royal Thai Embassy has full right to ask applicant to change photo if the above specifications not met.
1 Thai Baht (THB) = 2.36 Rupee (₹)
HolidayIQ provides visa and currency information on a best effort basis. Users requested to check and verify the information from third-party sources. HolidayIQ will not be responsible for any loss occurred due to incomplete understanding of visa/currency regulations.