- Download the application form, fill it completely and with sincerity. You can also fill the Schengen Visa application form electronically and then print a hard-copy.
- 2 photos must be attached; the photo should be of passport format – a recent whole-face capture with a light background. Learn more about photo requirements and specifications for a Swiss Visa below.
- Your passport and copies of your previous visas – valid for at least 3 months beyond return date – are required. Your passport must have at least two blank pages.
- A copy of your return-ticket reservation. It is not recommended to purchase the ticket before obtaining the visa – if not otherwise required
- Travel medical insurance confirmation of minimum 30,000 € coverage within Switzerland and the entire Schengen area
- A cover letter stating the purpose of visit to Switzerland and itinerary
- Flight itinerary reservation with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from Switzerland
- Proof of accommodation for the whole duration of the intended stay in Switzerland
- Proof of civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, ration card if applicable)
- Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of stay in Switzerland. A foreign national who wants to enter and reside in the territory of Switzerland must be able to attest owning at least 100 CHF or 92.34€/day on his disposition during its stay in Switzerland, while, in case the foreigner is a student this amount reduces to 30 CHF or 27.70€/day. A foreigner is obliged to provide such proof of sufficient financial means, the moment applying for a Swiss Visa to the Swiss Embassy or Consulate.
- Employment contract
- Current bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Leave permission from employer
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary
- A copy of your business license
- Company bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
If a student:
- Proof of enrollment
- No-objection certificate from school or university
- Pension statement of the latest 6 months
- Regular income generated by property proof of the latest 6 months
- Invitation letter with the address and phone number from family member or sponsor – if applicable
- Bank statement of the last 6 months
- Passport copies
Visa Photo Guide
- Two (2) photos must be submitted with the visa application; one affixed to the application form.
- The photos should be printed on thin photo-quality paper.
- ONLY coloured photos with white or light background will be accepted.
- The photos must be no older than 6 months.
- The photos must measure exactly 3.5 cms x 4.5 cms.
- The photo should show a clear, front view, full face of the applicant. The applicant should be in normal street attire, without hat or dark glasses against a plain white or light background. The applicant should have a natural expression, mouth closed, and eyes open and looking directly ahead. Photos in which the face of the person being photographed is not in focus will not be accepted.
- The applicant's head, measured from the bottom of the chin to the top of the hair, should be 3.6 cms . The head should be centred in the photo. The head of the person being photographed should not be tilted up, down or to the side.
- Unless worn daily for religious reasons, all hats or headgear should be removed for the photo. In all cases, no item or attire should cover or otherwise obscure any part of the face.
- Eyeglasses worn on a daily basis can be worn for the photo. However, there should be no reflections from the eyeglasses that obscure the eyes.
- Dark glasses or nonprescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable unless you need them for medical reasons. A medical certificate may be required.
- Uniforms should not be worn in photographs except in the case of religious attire that is worn daily. Otherwise, normal street attire should be worn.
1 Swiss Franc (CHF) = 71.56 Rupee (₹)
HolidayIQ provides visa and currency information on a best effort basis. Users requested to check and verify the information from third-party sources. HolidayIQ will not be responsible for any loss occurred due to incomplete understanding of visa/currency regulations.